Friday, April 9, 2010

Update

I am so stinkin' sore. I feel like an old lady hobbling around the house. A thorough lower back and hip massage sounds excellent.

As I sat in my bed around 1 am nursing, I looked down at my Katie's face. I am blessed to the hilt to have her. I am exhausted and sore, but it's worth it.

She had her routine check-up yesterday. She's down to 7 lbs, 11 oz. No jaundice. She's breastfeeding and filling her diapers well. And Nancy said happy babies curl their pinkie up when they nurse, which K was doing. Cute~

I've forgotten how much newborns sleep. Seriously. Katie's an expert. I have tried to do the feed/awake/sleep schedule. Maybe in a week it will happen, but not right now. Figured I'd take advantage by taking my long baths, coffee and internet breaks when I can. Ha, didn't even have time for coffee OR internet yesterday. Poor me :)

Brilla is still getting the hang of not getting all the attention. Poor girl. Every time Daddy holds Katie, she wants to be on his knee too. Or when I'm taking a video/pics of Katie, Brilla says, "Mama, look at me!" Well, we all take to our new baby girl a little differently. So sweet, yesterday Brilla leaned over, lightly kissed Katie on the cheek and said, "I love you, Katie Claire."
I, too, am learning how to balance between the two girls. It leaves me worn out. This is only the beginning!

My mom was Mary Poppins yesterday, minus the funny hat. I don't know what I'd have done without her. She came over and basically cleaned my whole kitchen. She cooked us meals. She re-made Brilla's bed, so it actually had a top sheet and matching pillow cases; what a concept. She drove me to our appt with Nancy. She cleaned up B when she had an accident. She cleaned out our rice cooker that has been in the garage for ages before having to use it to make dinner. She did big and small things. Things that, if not done, would have driven me crazy. It really kills me to have someone else clean my stuff up and knowing I can't help. But if ever a time I needed it, this was it. Like I said, I am sore, sore, sore.

Today my mother-in-law is coming over to help. Having an extra pair of hands will be wonderful. I am always tentative to ask for help because I have the superwoman mentality. But we all are superwomen until we collapse for exhaustion. Later on, I'll look back and be very glad I accepted all the offers for meals and such.

Really, the next exciting thing on my agenda is to take a sitz bath. Wahoo. Happy Friday everybody! Come quickly weekend!

No comments: