Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Last Few Days.

I'm at the point where my body is feeling whole again, and we are getting into kind of a groove. I definitely don't want to get too confident and head out into the wild blue yonder. Have to remind myself to take it slow. But in order not to catch cabin fever, we've been venturing out.

Tuesday, we went to the Supermall to get Katie some church shoes, lacy socks, and frilly hat. Every girl must have her frilly hat. We were only out for an hour and a half, but it was perfect. We forgot it was Tuesday, but were pleasantly surprised to realize that it was when we saw the "$1.00 Pretzel Day" at Auntie Anne's. Yum. Bri and I each got a delicious raisin pretzel. Last time we got this deal, it was the garlic pretzel. Word to the wise, those things are nasty. Basically, it's a pretzel with garlic powder sprinkled all over it, I kid you not. Even Brilla (who will eat anything snacky) scrunched up her face and said, "Mama, I don't like this."

Tuesday are Mike's basketball nights, which is great, because then B and I watch American Idol together! B loves to hear the people sing. Something tells me she'll be a singer some day. We were rooting for Tim Urban. I think he has a great voice (not the greatest up there, though), but mainly because we know him from church and homeschooling long ago! He was just a little guy (about 5) back then. No longer, eh? Honestly, I like Michael Lynch the best. I could imagine myself listening to him for hours. I think Miss Shiobhan Magnus is quite weird. I also think it's funny how she always has to give a speech about why she chose the song. Casey James is not my style, though one can't deny he's got the looks and an amazing voice. Wish he'd branch out bit, just so we could hear more of his natural voice. I think Aaron Kelly should have gone out a while back (I liked Katie Stevens better!), and Crystal Bowersox definitely has a naturally gorgeous voice, just not my style of performance. I heard that Tim did not make this week, which is sad, but it just makes me curious as we get down to the final few!

On Wednesday, my husband had tools stolen from his trailer. He tries to put them all in a container, which he was going to do the next day. The trailer is ruined, too - they couldn't cut the lock, so they cut the latch, and the door can't close. So now he has to get the trailer fixed. Yeah, it's all deductible and such, but that's all happening next year and will set the company back a bit. Thankfully, not everything was taken, and not all the tools were in the trailer/at that job site.

Wednesday evening, our dear neighbor-friend brought chicken pot pie over for our family. She is pregnant with her third baby!! And yes, I did feel a bit awkward that she brought US dinner. However, it was fun to have her over to chat for a while, plus the pot pie was delicious and really helped me out. Even though we're neighbors, we both have kiddos and haven't had time to catch up. Brilla enjoyed the company of having her kids over. After dinner, a couple neighbor girls visited Katie :) One of them had not seen her yet. I think God brought them over because we got into a discussion about what it means to believe in God/Jesus and some other random questions about heaven, hell and the Bible. This is why God has planted us in this neighborhood! Thank you, Father, for drawing these hearts! When they left, I headed to Dairy Queen to grab some blizzards for Mike and I. They're having a special we couldn't pass up :) Are they ever dangerously good!

Today, we went to the doctor's office for Brilla's infected finger. We've been soaking it in salts for days, cleansing with hydrogen peroxide, and using Neosporin, but it is stubborn. The doctor said it should be looking better by Monday at the latest! Yay. After the appointment, we went to Target to get the prescription and shop. Target has a brand new line called "Baby Glam". Talk about adorable!! So I had to get her this little tutu/onesie that has rosettes and rhinestones on it. Another one that was tempting has rhinestoned on the front, "Diva". Too much cuteness! Then we ate at Qdoba, our favorite Mexican place as fast food goes. I then grabbed a caramel macchiato, which I am still sipping on now.

We have been having fun, us three girls! Of course, much of it is unbenownst to my Sleeping Beauty, Katie. She got toted around in her Moby wrap today though. That thing is wonderful!!

After touching up my house, I am finally relaxing on the couch and really feeling grateful for everything I have. I love my husband and my daughters. God joys in giving His children good gifts. Now as I typed that last sentence, little Katie is letting me know it's time to eat again.

Ta-ta for now!

No comments: