Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sunshine

Amazing what sunshine can do for the body and mind.

I was feeling a little dreary, tired and well, tired. Getting up twice in the night is doing me in. I'm exhausted! I have started little Katie on her semi-schedule already. Eating every three hours, then awake and sleep time in between. But I forgot how hard it is to keep newborns on a "schedule". I've had to be flexible. The awake time cannot be guaranteed one iota, the sleep time, that is a guarantee, and the eating, well, that's not an easy one either since she always sleeping. You would think I wore her out, but it's the other way around. Oh, to sleep like a newborn babe.

So, I'm slightly wary of changing about 8 diapers or more a day. Plus, I'm trying to keep Brilla from going bonkers out of boredom.

Herein enters the beautiful sunshine. I think God sent it just for me! As soon as the warmth touched my skin, ahhh....I literally just sat there, unbathed, unmatchingly dressed in my sweats, Uggs and wild hair, soaking up the sun. After sitting there awhile like that, suddenly it didn't matter when Katie had to eat, what Brilla was asking me a million times, or what I was making for lunch. It just felt good to be. And I thanked God for that wonderful lift in spirit.

We later ventured out to - deposit checks. I know, not very exciting :) But the ladies at the bank were very happy to see Katie. They knew about my former loss, had seen my week after week pregnant, and were glad to see her safely arrived. The one teller I usually do business with even had tears in her eyes. Another bright spot in our day.

For lunch we had leftover spaghetti and pb&j. A weird but satisfying menu. I had the former, B had the latter. We topped it off with a few Jelly Bellies each. The Jelly Bellies are leftover from Easter. Is it just us, or was not this Easter like the most candy (your children) my daughter has ever received in her life?? Worse than Halloween! She got a basket from us, candy from church, two candy gifts from relatives, and two Easter egg hunt stashes! That's my excuse for "helping" her with all that sugar goodness! ::wink::

Yesterday, I was pooped. Mike has basketball on Tuesday nights. So we only saw him for about 30 min before he left again, coming home around 9 p.m. Really, I've always been glad to see him go get exercise and hang with the guys, but it will take some getting used to with two kids.

Well, I actually have a small window of time. I will be taking my much needed bath! And perhaps a nap.

Here's to hoping it's sunny again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Susannah Forshey said...

I'm glad you still find time/energy to post, Joy. I'm kinda getting a glimpse into what it's going to be like for me with 2 girls in another 6 weeks. I'm watching you! :) Praying, too....and thanking Him for Katie. What an awesome God we serve! P.S. How's the breastfeeding going?