Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Fair

I wish I would have remembered my camera. It was the one thing I'd realized we'd left at home as I was already going on the road.

Let me scoot back a bit. It was late Thursday night. I suddenly remembered it was the Spring Fair this weekend. We had to go! I brainstormed how we were going to go (either just the girls and I or with Daddy, too) and what the weather was predicted to be like. Turns out Friday was going to be the best weather and no, Daddy was not going to be able to go with us!

After mulling it over, I decided we would go; we would just take it slow. So after making a McDonald's stop for breakfast, getting money from the bank, and buying a fair ticket for me, we were finally on the way to Puyallup for the fair. And that's when I remembered our camera.

We found a fantastic parking space right around the corner from the entrance. It was my first time using the sit n stand stroller. It's a Cadillac of a thing. but handy and nice nonetheless. After finally getting inside the gate, it was time to nurse. That took forever it seemed with Brilla bouncing and peeking around corners, ready to hit the rides!

So we headed to our first ride...the hot air balloon-looking one. I was amazed at how many kiddie rides they had open this year. Brilla also rode the swings, fire engine, boats, motorcycles, and airplanes. The only one she got scared of was the small roller coaster. She was already sitting in her seat when she popped up and said, "No, I don't want to go on it!" We lost out on a ride, but it's worth my daughter not being terrified.

The Spring Fair is kid-geared. There are animals to pet - miniature horses, chicks, ducklings, bunnies, goats. And all kinds of others to look at. B was impressed with the alpacas. But she wasn't expecting the alpaca to want to meet her, too, so she fell backwards in surprise when she reached her hand out and it made a noise right in her face. Ha! There's also face-painting, horsie rides, moon walks, kid contests, pig races, doggy dock performances, and pirate shows. We obviously didn't get to all that, like I said we were taking it slow.

It was warm! I had worn a long-sleeved tee just because you never know the weather around here. But I could have worn a tank it was so hot!

We enjoyed some scones and French fries. The ice cream was just too expensive. I couldn't justify $4.75 for 2 scoops of Dreyer's ice cream. Thankfully, B was more than happy to stop by McDonald's on the way home for a huge 99 cent cone.

It was a gorgeous and perfect day. I can't wait to get out again like that. But next time it will be a little easier with my husband along :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I consider you a very, very brave woman!!!! It took me almost 3 months to set foot outside the door with my two and without my husband! Yowee! =D But then, our second arrived when he was already 9 months old and let the world know loudly when something wasn't going his way. I wasn't quite ready to brave that alone for awhile. But we're good now.

That said, I'm not sure I'd brave a fair alone. =D You have given me hope.