Tuesday, April 20, 2010

As I sit on the couch in my robe...

...I wonder what I have accomplished today. I have fed, changed, put to bed little Katie about twice, about to be thrice, now. I have washed my insanely huge pile of dishes. Our dishwasher still doesn't work. Pooh. And if you are married to a construction contractor, you know that small home repairs like that don't get done for at least a few months because you're husband is exhausted enough when he gets home :P I have fed my toddler a semi-healthy lunch of mac 'n' cheese with veggies mixed in. At least it was Annie's. I have washed a load of laundry, and have a load sitting right beside me, ready to be folded. I also did a few school workbook pages with Brilla.

That's it. It's 1:20 and I am still clothed in my robe, have my glasses on, and have not taken that much needed shower that actually all three of us girls need desperately.

My intentions for today?

To clean the bathroom (my absolutely least favorite household chore), dig out my pre-pregnancy clothes out of the garage, and organize/clean my toddler's room. And maybe even get out of the house, as we're all getting cabin fever. Instead, I have been listening to whining all day, which greatly diminished my desire to do anything.

But I am determined to push forward. We may have to have dinner out tonight (such a shame ;P) but I will get those said chores done eventually!

I need to be patient with myself. It's only 2 weeks later from having Katie.

Are you a craigslist addict? Well, I am. And yesterday, I got a great deal on a Graco swing/bouncer. It's a VERY nice black and white toile design with toys on both above and on the tray, complete with detachable bouncher for the infant. For only $10. The gal was also selling a beautiful black sleigh crib and changing table for only $50 (I know, insane!) But as my husband reminded me, we don't need those! :D

Lately, I have been loving Katie's awake times. She has the bluest eyes. And I've been putting her on her tummy a bit. She's already raising that little head up. So cute - today I found Brilla by the crib singing her little sister to sleep. It was precious. Wish I could've taken a pic, but the flash would've been disturbing.

Well, it's time to go get my precious little newborn and feed her. Then get my groove on for the day! The rest of the day anyway.

No comments: