Saturday, September 19, 2009

On the Mend and Bri's 3rd!

So much has happened in the last couple weeks, the very reason my last post was a while ago.

God is healing Mike's back! After several visits to the chiropractor, lots of cold packs, rest, ibuprofen and prayer, he is on the mend. He was telling me the other day how he takes having a healthy body for granted. Don't we all! As much as he's been hanging around the house lately, he's away now. He's so glad to be able to get OUT and got to work! I am so happy for him!

Brilla's 3rd birthday was last Saturday. She was supposed to have a butterfly themed cake and everything, but alas, between my cold, Mike not being able to assist and Bible study prep, she still had an awesome party, just not full of butterflies. Honestly, I don't think she even noticed ;)
We had her little friends (and their parents) over. We ate a lunch of chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries for the kids, parents' menu was croissant sandwiches (thank you Costco!) and veggies tray. Though it wasn't decorated all fancy, Brilla still got her banana cake with vanilla butter cream frosting. I should have made two...it went in a flash. We were going to make butterfly suncatchers; however, I looked at all the little toddlers having a blast just being loud and playing games with each other, I thought, "Doing a craft will ruin their fun!" So we finished off the day by opening gifts and taking pictures. I am shocked all the streamers and balloons stayed in their places on the walls! Nothing short of a miracle. This is the first year Bri could not wait for her birthday and loved opening the gifts. She even received a Barbie learning laptop that looks like the real thing. I think it's nicer than mine ;) Poor girl, halfway through her party she was like a zombie. She got a little overwhelmed!

Bible Study Fellowship started up this last week. I was anxious to be prepared (it is my first year being a teacher in the 2's preschool class). God helped me through it and we had so much fun. Excitement and anticipation have replaced anxiety for this coming week.

Piano teaching is the other busy part of my life. I currently have 13/14 students. I've been brainstorming fresh ideas to make piano exciting for all my students. I've started a new chart for prizes and purchased some new card games and visual aids. Wouldn't it be wonderful if some day I had my own little piano studio? I can dream can't I? ;) Anyhow, I love teaching. It is also a ministry. I want both students and parents to know Who created music and to glorify God. Pretty soon here we will be prepping for our Christmas recital!

God has been blessing Mike's business. He frames custom homes, and lately has branched out doing additions, some remodeling, decks, and siding. We can't say enough for his lead guy, Josh, and the rest of the crew. They have worked very hard while Mike's been injured. Lately, jobs have been pouring in! We serve such an amazing Father. He takes care of His own very well, despite the economy.

No comments: