Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Heart Beat Away...

We recently purchased a new multi-purpose printer. You know, the one with fax/print/copy/scan? Well, I've yet to set up. I'm a little scared of the whole thing. I hear you saying, "Just follow the directions." But it takes time...and I've yet a chunk of a couple hours for the project.

Why did I even bring this up?

I wanted to scan pictures of our little bean for you to view!!

Last Thursday, I had my 13 week appointment. My midwife put the thingy to my growing abdomen and I heard the reassuring, steady heartbeat of my tiny Baby. And to boot, she showed me his or her body on the ultrasound!! I was in complete awe. Even if this is my fourth pregnancy.

I say fourth, because, after Amelia, I had a miscarriage in March of this year.

But again, I was totally amazed. That the God of the universe would take such delight in forming all the little body parts of this little child in my womb. At 13 weeks, so much is created already! My baby has fingerprints, veins, and still-transparent skin reveals organs inside Baby's body. Length is 3 inches long (about). On the ultrasound picture, though very basic, I could see Baby kicking around and having a good ole' time!

It's always a treat to go to the appointments. In fact, after this one, Bri and I had a sort of celebration. I got an iced tea and breakfast sandwich at a local coffee shop and Bri got pizza and a pop at the grocery store. Then she got to play on the big toy at a park nearby.

Ah, the simple things in life!

No comments: