Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Injured Back and Other Glorious Details

Hi there! I'm always asking for your prayers, but that's a good thing, right? We need them again :)

We're a little umm....swamped?

Mike injured his back while working over Labor Day weekend. He is in a lot of pain. This is a first while we've been married. But the chiropractor thinks lifting heavy beams this last weekend "broke the camel's back", that perhaps he's actually had a bad back, etc. but this was the last straw. My husband is in so much pain, that he literally must crawl everywhere or walk super slow with a crutch, like really slow. He's seen the chiropractor 3 times in the last 2 days and feels the tiniest bit better. He doesn't sleep well, either. In fact, I feel real good because right now he's sleeping on the floor in a heap, like snoring sleepin. A first in a while.

Meanwhile, I've had to juggle watching my toddler (thank the Lord right now I only have one!), planning preschool lessons for BSF, teaching piano, recovering from a recent cold (which I thought was better, but now I have the awful cough and my nose is running again!) and basically doing everything for my husband because he can't get around at all. I'm even tying his shoes (poor guy he must feel helpless). And for the first time I had to attend a meeting in his place.

I do not feel stressed right now and please understand I'm not complaining. But reality is, once Bible study starts full swing next week, I will have more on my plate. I want to keep my priorities in line, so please just pray that God would heal Mike's back thoroughly, even if slowly; that I will balance my schedule effectively; that I would recover (and B doesn't catch my bug)...

Lastly, that God would enable Mike and his crew to accomplish everything they need to without builders/homeowners being upset. That God would help Mike to trust that He is in control, and not feel discouraged that he can't be. God has done it in the past, and He can do it again!

Thanks so much!!

No comments: