Monday, December 15, 2008

December 15, 2008

The day Amelia Goheen was predicted to join our family.

Just stopping in to say this day has been so good for us - a day to mourn, remember, pray and rejoice. We stopped by Amelia's grave this morning and placed a dozen white roses by her spot. The snow made it prettier than normal.

Though I know my daughter's in heaven with God, I couldn't help but remember the day we were so excited we were having another girl, only to find out nearly 7 months later, September 22, 2008, that she had left us. Such disappointment. Her death is a reminder that the earth is not our home. In the meantime, we are not despairing, but joying when we can, crying when we must. And always, always, remembering Amelia. On this day, I thought I would be in major depression. But thank God, that's not the case. I'm able to hold up my head because God holds the future, He gives me hope and He is faithful. I'm doubly blessed...my child is safe and secure in heav'n and I will get to see her again! Today, I'm giving my beautiful 2 year old, Brilla extra kisses and love. I can't tell you how I grow more thankful for her every day.

A few verses from His Word:

The Finality of Death

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root wax old in the earth, the stump dies in the ground; Yet through the scent water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.

But man dies and wastes away: yea, man gives up the ghost, and where is he? As the waters disappear from the sea, and flood decays and dries up; So man lies down, and rises not: until the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. Job 14:7-12


Hope

For I know my Redeemer lives, and that HE shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; Job 19:25-27

Comfort

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds by Christ. 2 Cor. 1:3-5

No comments: