Monday, December 22, 2008

Dashing through the Snow!

Let it SNOW!!!

There are tons of ice and snow on the ground! Finally we are going to have a white Christmas. Hopefully we can make it to the in-laws and outlaws' :) homes' safely. But I wouldn't change a thing about this wonderfully cold weather.

Today we hermits came out of our shell and shopped at Fred Meyer. Not only did I have to buy groceries for Christmas dinner, but I was also getting cabin fever. I'm not used to being cooped up like this! Yes, I enjoy being at home, but I'm not what you would call a "home body". So it felt like I was on cloud nine, simply walking through the grocery aisles. Brilla was also beside herself. I've haven't seen her quite so jumpety-uppety as of late than she was in the toy section. She was playing with the plastic swords, talking to Elmo, and yelling at the top of her lungs. Woohoo! Can't you tell we've been inside tooooo long? Ha.

Anyway, being snowed in has had its perks. I have cleaned my house, baked many goodies, and been creative about exercise. And we have a snow fort almost completed! M and I have taken some beautiful long walks, and sledded several times down the infamous, HUGE hill by our house. Snowball fights have been pretty fun, too! I've also had plenty of time to crochet, do my hair and actually put make-up on.

Hubby and I have also committed to getting in shape. It started today. Yes, I know Christmas is only 3 days away...but we really wanted to jump-start ourselves. M did a much better job than I. I ate at least 2 rice krispie treats and had a chai latte (at least with water). However, I did follow through with my work out and crunches regimine. But it's REALLY the eating I need to watch. I know it and and M knows it. I won't even discuss poundage and my goals right now. But let's just say I have a bit to go. I'm really motivated, though. Watching Biggest Loser motivates me every Tuesday. If they can do it, so can I :D

Tomorrow is baking day! I plan to get the rolls and cookies done. Perhaps I'll work on the cake, too.We shall see. I also need to wrap all the gifts and send out last-minute cards.

I recently checked out a super good book, good for all you moms! It's called the ADENTure of Christmas by Lisa Whelchel. Front says "Helping children find Jesus in our holiday traditions". It has several cool ideas that are incredibly meaningful.
Check it out. I want to incorporate some of the traditions and activities with B and our future kiddos.

As with the rest of my library reading..."My Grandfather's Son" by Clarence Thomas, is the only thing I have time to put my nose in. Awaiting me are some great organization and storage books. Can you tell I have some New Year Resolutions?

Perhaps tomorrow I can post more about our exciting adentures in The Snow. Maybe we'll have to rent a studded limo, like they were talking about on the news, to get to where we want to go. Wouldn't that be glamorous?

No comments: