Monday, July 30, 2012

Hi there. It's that time of morning when the two eldest girls are still sleeping and Reese and I are hanging out together. Well, more like she's in her Exersaucer and I'm getting things done (read: blogging) *wink*

This weekend, Michael went to a Mariner's game with this nieces and nephew. His sister and her kids had free tickets. His sister didn't want to go, so asked Michael to chap - he hasn't been this year, so he said sure! It was a little hard to explain to the girlies why Daddy was taking their cousins to the game and not them, but they did okay. As a treat, I took the girls to Issaquah, a quaint little town on the east side for some play time, yummies, and to return a rental violin.

We stopped at Confetti Cupcakes and used our Groupon there. It was expired, but in case you didn't know, all Groupon vouchers still keep the dollar amount you paid, which does not expire; like a gift card. The cupcakes there are bigger than ones at other shoppes and the frosting is amazing! We tasted Cookies n' Cream, Lemon Buttercream, Mint Chocolate Chip and Raspberry. Talk about a sugar coma. Afterward, we hung out at the library. Both my older girls LOVE books, but my Katie adores them right now and promptly sat in the middle of the library with a book about the Incas and was super interested in it. Ha!

After being hyped up with cupcake goodness, I realized the wonderful, quiet antique shop was probably not the place to take the girls, phooey. We tried to find a park to get out their excess energy, but this mom hadn't a clue where a park was in Issaquah. I kept failing every time I saw a "park" - just grass and no toys to climb on. Will have to Google that next time.

While waiting in a gigantic line at the Starbucks drive-thru, my middle girl went berserk, and I realized we had gone beyond nap time and into the dark zone. Upon arriving home, all were given naps.

Mike didn't come home until 7 pm! We were all glad to see him. Since there wasn't any time to finish projects, we decided to relax instead and watch the Olympics. I'll just get said projects done this week.

On Sunday, we taught the 4s/5s during Sunday school hour. It was about Jesus ascending into heaven and spreading the gospel. Very fun. The kids were responsive too. It was great to have our pastor back; he'd been gone for a few weeks since he's continued studies to complete his doctorate! It might sound bias, but our pastor is one of my favorite preachers. To say I "enjoy" his sermons would be the wrong word, but I am always challenged by them. God has definitely gifted him in the way he delivers Truth. He has a heart for discipleship but also a burden for the lost, that they find Christ.

Right after church, Mike went to help an acquaintance move. It was just one of those weekends where Daddy is busy! Unfortunately, the move didn't go very smooth, so he was gone for several hrs. I had promised Brilla we would go to Redondo Beach again because we didn't get to go the beach part last time. It was gorgeous weather and the girls had a blast chucking rocks in the water, rolling driftwood and just being goofballs. I love watching them. We took a walk along the waterfront (trying to wear them out) until "I'm hungry" came up several times. Mike had beaten us home, which was a great surprise for them. Chili and chicken soup was our dinner, albeit a weird combination. We also had leftover cupcakes :)

We watched the Olympics again. Summer Olympics are my favorite; just can't get enough. Especially the running races and gymnastics. All that muscle and stamina! I am amazed at how these athletes train and push themselves to the limit. Wow. Of course, I launched into the topic of praising God for our abilities and strength with the girls. It's just sad how a human can accomplish Olympic feats but never thank the God who made them.

No comments: