Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Progress and a Vacation

I am down 6 pounds! Very excited about that. Kind of a huge accomplishment when you're nursing. I hope to be down couple more, over the next week and a half. Need to take the whole "only 2/3 desserts a week" thing more seriously. July 4th got my taste buds craving it again. I have been working out regularly, which has greatly upped my metabolism!

Can you believe we ladies are STILL recovering from our colds? Katie seems completely healed (probably because she's so active and has amazing metabolism (getting that gunk out regularly), but my sore throats have been coming back every so often over the past month. I finally paused Brilla's swim lessons, because her cough was still in effect and she started to complain about her ear hurting. Also, Reesie has had some gunk in her eye. And I knew part of it not clearing up was a lack of sleep - missing her morning nap during swim lessons. Another reason why no sugar would be a grand idea; so we can get over these bugs.

Mike has amazingly missed these germs! I am so glad, the last thing he needs is a cold - work is crazy busy.

We are soon heading over to Spokane for yet another wedding. Mike's close friend, Matt, is the groom; my best friend, Julie's, older brother. This is the second wedding this year Mike has been in! Pretty funny considering he hasn't been in one for about 10 years.

The trip to Spokane will be mini-vacation for us. We'll get to swim, hang out with friends, visit the theme park, Silverwood (haven't been since Mike and I were dating), attend a pretty wedding and do no cooking. What could be better?

The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous. No complaints whatsoever. The sunshine has been growing my flowers and giving us some much needed Vitamin D! Good thing the air conditioning in the car decided to kick in again. It had paused for a day (?) I will be sad when Summer ends. Please sun, stay for a long time!

Today is a so-so kind of day. No amazing sun, but no dreary rain, either. It feels like a day to stay in, though. Little Reese woke from her morning much too early, thanks to Katie's buoyancy! Now she's back in the crib, which puts a kink in attempting to go anywhere. Plus, this woman needs to pay bills and do laundry. I am also attempting to eat out of our frig before we go on vacay so produce doesn't go bad, and going out would mean eating out! Hmm. The fine line between waste and freedom :)

Mike and I were hyped about camping with the girls. We haven't gone camping much since Katie and Reese  came along. We even looked at maps and thoughr Chelan and Cushman looked great. But then, we discussed logistics. How are we going to pack it all in our (comparatively) small Camry? Ha! We hadn't thought about that!! So, we decided, no camping for us unless it's with a borrowed trailer. Or pitching a tent in a hotel room.

Thankfully, we are going 'sort of'' camping in August. Mike's uncle annually rents a cabin at Priest Lake. We are hoping to hang out for a few days and see Mike's cousin's new baby. (Did you get that?) It will be a little crazy since there will be about 4 families in one cabin. I am not looking forward to sharing one bathroom, but we'll see how it goes!

We thought we would be hanging out a lot more with friends than we have been! But Summer has been full so far. Sickness, busyness and just plain life with an infant are in the mix. We've been able to go to an animal rescue farm, be with extended family more, see a brother get married, visit with Uncle Sean (home from college), go to the local water park and get free lunch, visit Florida, go to the beach with friends, attend Brilla's swim lessons, celebrate Independence Day, visit with out-of-town guests and serve more at church. Summer still has one and a half more months in it. I think we've got time to make the most of it!!

Hoping that next I post, I will be 2 or more pounds down. Wish me luck!

No comments: