Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TRUTH

I have been learning great truths over the summer. That's one thing I love about Summer, getting away from the usual group study and doing my own - digging, pursuing Christ in every corner.

Here are some gold nuggets that I've been meditating on:

1) I have enough time to get everything done that God wants me to get done in my day.  


This is keeping in mind my schedule, my day might not look like the man or woman next to me, but it's what God wants for my individual life and family! It is relieving to know I don't have to meet others' expectations, only God's! That might mean comparatively more or less than others' plans, but it's what God has revealed to my husband and I as our game plan!

2) Submitting to my husband God's way will bring freedom and protection.


It is not hard for me to respect and listen to my husband; he makes it easy to love him. He earns it every day by the way he loves us. But there are those times where, he and I both being sinners, clash. We have our own opinions. And God calls me to submit to my husband, even when I thing he's wrong. And it's his job to lead our family, not mine. When he makes a call, even if it ends in failure, I am there to support and love him. I grew up in a home where Mom wore the pants. It has taken some years (and years to go!) to extract lies Satan had planted in my mind about this concept. It comes down to faith, am I willing to trust that God will work through my husband as He says He will do?

3) I am not the source, only the servant.


Christ came to earth, born as a human babe, lived a humble life as a carpenter, washed His disciples' feet, and died on a cross in public humiliation like a criminal. His entire life was on display for God's glory and took the form of servanthood. Am I any greater than Jesus? Setting the example for my children as a servant should be a joy, not a chore. Acting like I'm bothered and put out by my little ones, day after day, is such a poor example of how a parent should be! It is a delight (though exhausting) to demonstrate Christlikeness. To love them unconditionally. I am not the source of all wisdom and knowledge for my children, God is. They are not here to serve me, but to serve God. 


Do you have any truths God's impressed on you this summer? I would love to read them or be linked to them.

No comments: