Friday, August 10, 2012

I've Been Wanting

...to read my book on the back deck in the sun, but I still have laundry to fold.

...to fold my laundry but keep getting distracted by the internet.

...to clean my bathroom, wash laundry and wash my dishes! I did it by noon today!

...to sleep in. I got to! 8:30 was the amazing wake time for today.

...to go grocery shopping, but I can't because it's nap time.

...to go on a relaxing vacation that included sunshine and sand. I just got back from a vacation such as this
   one on Wednesday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To record that wonderful vacation:

Day One: We met our goal of leaving before 8 a.m. My niece rode with us and helped out with the girls. Mike's sister is so nice in letting us use her Honda Odyssey to travel, while she transports the boat with their truck. That Odyssey has a ton of room! We stopped in Issaquah to have our McDonald's breakfast. We got donuts at QFC to boot. Hey, we're on vacation. Stopped in Ritzville for some tacos, then espresso. Can you say caramel macchiato? Yum. We finally arrived in Spokane and spent about an hour there. Had to shop at Costco (food for a whole cabin full of family), Safeway (more groceries), Target (first aid stuff), TJ Maxx (for me) and Sports Authority (for me too). Finally found the water sandals I was looking for at Sports Authority! After about 1 1/2 hrs, we finally left again for Priest Lake. Almost to Priest Lake, we stopped at Korner Klub for dinner, where we had great pizza. 8:30 p.m. was our official arrival time!

Day Two: Girls got to bed late and we did too, so didn't get enough sleep. However, sleep we did get was sweet. Eggs, toast and fruit for breakfast! People don't understand why we don't serve the kids first? So parents can relax while we eat! I do think as soon as the kids can serve themselves, they eat after adults, but until then...that's the reasonable order. Ever have to explain this to anyone? Got to meet Mike's cousin Bjorn and his family - girl friend Mollie and baby Olive (10 months?) It's been 5 years! Cousin Loren was there too. He is all grown up (24), just like my brother Brian! Wow, time flies. We all swam in the beautiful, clean and warm lake water. Brilla is a fish, she dove in and didn't get out all day. She spent the other part of her time building sand castles. I cooked dinner for everyone (with some help): tilapia, corn, zucchini, and grean beans. I forgot the potatoes. Dessert was Pop Tarts :)

Day Three: Michelle made breakfast crepes for everyone! Swedish pancakes with berries, cream cheese filling, peanut butter and whipped cream to put inside. Bjorn and Mollie also brough back Tully's coffee for everyone. It hit the spot. Went swimming again! After lunch, Mike, me and girlies headed out on our boat, going the entirety of Priest Lake. Thoroughly enjoyed looking at the homes and beaches. After that, sat on the beach, tanned and read a book. Went and played volleyball on the beach. Like my favorite thing to do. Then, went swimming again with Mike and Brilla. For dinner, we all packed in the cars and went to Millie's for absolutely delicious gourmet pizza. I loved the artichoke (had bacon, feta and of course artichoes with a drizzle of honey), but each kind was fabulous. Lounged and watched the Olympics on huge TVs. Went home and slept like babies.

Day Four: I woke up early, fed the girls breakfast. Then Reese and I went on a walk along the lakefront for a couple miles. God's beautiful creation astounded me and I couldn't help stopping to thank him for His beauty and majesty. Came back in time to walk to Elkin's and get myself an iced Americano. Perfect for an already warm morning. Watched the kiddos play some more at the beach while I read my book and sunned myself. My dear friend Julie and her newly married brother Matt, with his bride, Anne, came to visit for the evening. There was more swimming and lots of talking. We had dinner at Elkin's that night. Expensive but high quality. I had the Alaskan Halibut (just like the kind my generous neighbor Jeff brought over a few weeks ago-caught it himself!). Mike had the New York steak. No dessert because we were stuffed. Not to worry, had cinnamon rolls from Costco when we got back. Said farewell to our dear friends then put the exhausted children to bed. Stayed up super late and got to hear an amazing sailing story from Bjorn and Mollie. Mollie is the director of a Sailing School/Club in Sausilito, CA. I was blown away by their experiences. Wow.

Day Five: I do not want to leave and neither do Mike and the kids, but we pack up and leave anyway :( Of course, I get my Americano first. Mike takes the girls to the beach for a last hurrah in the sand and on the swing. We say good-bye to everyone, knowing it will be a whole year until we see them again. This time, we take the truck home, with our three girls in the back. It's fun to be so high off the ground, but feels like our Camry in that there's no room to spare in the cab. We stop in Spokane for lunch. Then make it all the way to the Columbia gorge before a bathroom stop. We stop in Ritzville for another potty break and to switch drivers/feed Reese. We have a fun detour through the Cle Elum/Roslyn area to see the Suncadia area. Mike was asked to build homes there. He would have to commute only on the weekends, so that would be a big job - great for the company, just a little hard on the family. But if it guarantees work, we are up for it! The area is beautiful. But the resort is pricey. We actually go inside Taco Time to eat our dinner. Their fish tacos are great. The girls laugh and enjoy the break. We make it home by 8:30 bed time! It feels so good to be in our own beds/crib. Thank goodness we cleaned up before leaving...don't like coming home to disaster. We lug in the luggage and sack out on the couch. 

Currently, we are recovered from the trip (everything is put away!), catching up on sleep and doing laundry. But we are heartsick for the lake! We miss it!

No comments: