Wednesday, October 28, 2009

'Tis the Pumpkin Season

I just wanted to post in ode to this beautiful season God has created! Isn't Autumn just the best? I have pumpkins all over my living room. Not only pumpkins, but pumpkin-shaped candles. I am enjoying all the soups and stews. The gorgeous red, yellow and orange leaves...hot chocolate...sweaters...scarves...I could go on and on!

Best of all, I am staying inside more. Getting my house organized. I'm not a "Spring" cleaner. It's too nice out for that. This is when I do my organization. It's also very good on the pocket-book, then I am not strolling the mall of south Seattle :) In fact, lately, I have been working very hard at being creative without spending money. It has been great.

The library really is excellent. We have one just 5 minutes away that has the best stuffed animals and little nooks for Brilla to crawl into as she reads her books. Then, 5 minutes the other direction, is the gym! I am taking more advantage of my membership since I feel so much better these days. My goal is to walk about an hour 3x/week. What I love about working out during pregnancy is that the aim is not losing weight, but staying healthy. Something Brilla (especially) loves is having playdates with my neighbors. We switch homes every time. Another gal, K, has joined our circle. She's prego, too! It's the joke, because 3 out of 4 of us are expecting :) Anyway, we just spend a couple hours letting our kids play, then we sit for a little snack. One of the gals is very generous, and always cooks a delicious lunch.

What are you all doing this Saturday? Well, we are going to the harvest party at our church...I think. We may do something for my birthday instead. We will see! So yeah, my birthday is this Saturday, too! We have a 40's diner girl costume for Bri to wear. I am going to be a pumpkin! Pretty easy since I'm round enough!

I am 19 weeks tomorrow. Only one more week until I find out if Baby is blue or pink ;) The excitement is just too much for me! I cannot wait! We three will all be in the room for it.

I'm feeling great these days. Almost too much. I have so many projects I want to get done. Can you say "nesting"?

Anyhow, will let you know how my birthday weekend goes!

No comments: