Friday, October 16, 2009

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day

This was yesterday. October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

But if you have a moment, watch this video and say a prayer for someone who you know has lost a baby, whether in the womb or outside the womb. This is a long journey of healing, and each person finds that in their own time, with God's help.

Here is the video.

I will never forget my own Amelia. She is our little angel in heaven. I like the gravestone that says "Too good for this world, Heaven is your playground." Losing her at 7 months was extremely painful, but as I've posted recently, God is our Healer. Both Mike and I still shed tears remembering her, wishing Amelia was driving to the pumpkin patch with us, just starting to walk so she could help us with Christmas decorations this winter. But God had other plans. He wanted her up There with Him. And we are content with that.


Meanwhile, I don't take this Babe inside me a bit for granted. In fact, every single day I really have to pinch myself that this is real. There are so many women who cannot have children, and I am so thankful for mine. We will never understand the ways of God, but we can learn to accept what God gives us, be thankful for all the amazing blessings He has given, and realize He works amazingly despite the ugly things that rear their head in this world.

God bless all the women who have lost their babies. May He pour out His love on you!

No comments: