Friday, October 9, 2009

God is My Healer

I thought THIS was a touching story. Proves forgiveness and restoration are not out of reach.

So much has happened lately. I wanted to share before time got too far in between posts!

September 24 seemed like an ordinary day as I woke up. But actually, it was a special day. The day we celebrated Amelia's 1 year birthday in heaven! I didn't know what to expect of my emotions. Well, God has done an amazing work healing my heart. Truthfully, it was not a sad, tearful day. It was one of jubilation. I was truly filled with joy at Where my daughter is! Last year, or even six months ago, I may not have been able to say that, but like I said, God is our Healer. That evening, we laid our card, special balloon and bouquet at her grave. It was so peaceful, I cannot begin to describe the feeling. We sang our theme song for Amelia -Jesus Loves Me- and some other worship songs. It was a time for remembering her, the 7 months she was with us in my womb, the precious moments of holding her body at delivery, and the hope of seeing her again some day. God has made a difference in our lives through Amelia and we'll never be the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

On October 5, Michael turned 35! We had a family birthday party for him the Saturday before. We always have so much fun when family gets together. His request was spaghetti dinner. Believe me, we had plenty of it, too! Complete with sourdough garlic bread, green beans, sparkling cider, and the famous Goheen oatmeal chocolate cake (of which there was not enough)...

Then on his real day, B and I took him out to Claim Jumper, his favorite restaurant, gave him his card and gift, and watched a fun movie after getting home. He's exhausted after work, so it was the perfect thing.

And, not nearly as important as the above two events...I got a new cut/style! I should have taken a photo the day of, but the thought didn't enter my mind. I've had this style before - long, big layers. It makes my hair still look long, but adds depth and a little "edge" as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
16 weeks, Baby!! That's truly how fair along the little bean is! I have told so many people this, but I am impatient to hold my Baby! I am grateful each week his/her body parts are being formed and maturing, but I still can't wait for the day when I give birth to this little one! We have the BIG ultrasound around my birthday. Wouldn't that be the best gift ever?! I think I've felt the baby kick. Some time around last night. I know it wasn't indigestion or gas because I'd eaten a while ago. Exciting, exciting :) My weight gain is completely different from my other pregnancies. Around this time, I would have already gained 5+ pounds. But I have only gained about 3. I am so much busier this pregnancy than other ones, though. It's a good thing! My appetite is gaining, however. Last night I had 3 helpings of taco salad!!

I have one small prayer request...I am having a rough time with my silly allergies! In pregnancy, one tends to have more mucus than usual anyway, and then I have bad allergies to boot. I'll be totally fine, then all of a sudden, have this runny nose that won't stop. Especially in the middle of the night - I'll wake up to use the restroom, then launch into this sneezing, leaky nose fit and not get back to sleep for a couple hours. It's awful!

Meanwhile, Brilla just loves on Baby. She is always asking to say "hi" to Baby, which includes fully pulling up my shirt. The first couple times I was completely unprepared for this...being out in public and all, LOL. But it IS sweet and I'm glad I'm recording it here. She will stroke my tummy and give it hugs. She sings and prays to Baby. Bless her heart! She will be an awesome big sister.

I am praising God for His mercy and provision. Despite this bad economy, my husband's construction business is miraculously being given work. I mean, one project after the other. A lot of it is tweaked from what they're used to doing, but that's normal right now. Who knows, maybe a few months down the road, times will be lean. But we are trusting God each step, all the way. Praise His Name!

1 comment:

Song said...

I love your heart, Joy! Thanks for being so transparent in your journey this past year. I know it has blessed many in their own journey through grief, and though I have not had the same experience, your testimony still causes me to worship at the goodness of God in a fallen world. I'm so excited for your new little one to enter the world! Blessings on your sweet family, in Jesus' Name!