Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reese is snuggled up next to my chest in the Moby right now. So sweet to see hear her little breaths and grunts.

We have had a "vacation" from all things routine Today is the most we've been out; it was great. We will all sleep good, especially the older girls.

This morning was our first time back to Bible study in three weeks! Believe it or not, somewhere in between nursing and being awake at 3 am this last week, I was able to finish the questions. I feel like I'm in school again. They were SO hard! Not that we're graded or anything, but there are some things I have glazed over at times and not thought deeply about. Especially lately. The hardest thought I can get my brain to think about is, "When did Reese eat last?" But thank you, Holy Spirit, the One who gives us heart knowledge, not just brain knowledge.

After study, we went grocery shopping. Yes, I will admit it was a rather brave (dumb?) decision to do that after two hours gone from home already. But we really needed milk, eggs, yogurt....you know how dairy gets consumed overnight.

And I paid for it.

I was treading on nap time territory. Katie was yelling,"Owie" for about 15 min straight (I do not exaggerate) and didn't want to stay in the cool car-shaped cart she originally picked out. Which is incredibly awkward to push around in the first place.

We finally made it to the landing pad though! Can I tell you I really treasure my middle girl's nap time? She is such a handful these days. Ever since Reese was born, she struggles with attachment issues, needs way more attention - especially from Daddy. Thankfully, she absolutely adores her little sister and lauds her with love, but she needs a little extra love herself thes

Right now is bliss however. Both girls at are at AWANA. Found out my middle girl can go too now. Makes Wednesday nights so much easier. Plus, K gets to have her own class time like big sister.

Reese is nursing much better these days. We bought a nipple shield last Thursday and ever since, her feeding are much easier. Except that she continuously falls asleep at the breast and I have to wake her to finish, which ends up being an hour-long nursing period! Whew! I feel like as soon as I'm done nursing, time to do it again! It's part of newborn-hood. How do we forget these seasons of life? I think it's God's gift of temporary amnesia.

I will be very honest with you. These last few weeks have been tough. I get quite a bit of cabin fever and I feel like a hermit. At times I am on cloud nine with what God's surrounded me with, and others, I feel like a walking zombie running on fumes. Thank goodness my husband has armloads of forgiveness when I've had a couple meltdowns!

Friends have been super sweet in taking the older girls. But the fact remains, it will take time getting used to life with three. I love the days when we have no appointments or get-togethers. We can just hang out, catch up on school work and chores and just be with each other. After a couple days, however, I'm ready for a trip to the mall :)

I know you moms with three plus are sniggering. Such as life, you say; this too shall pass. But really I don't want it to go too quickly; life is made up of such as these.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'M not sniggering! My third born is going to be one next month and I've JUST *started* braving the stores alone with three. They are a handful. And it's exhausting.

I keep verifying with others that the hardest transition is 2 to 3 and everyone confirms this. (Makes me feel better, I suppose. That and I don't want to think it would be harder...)

I still get cabin fever and excepting for getting a good night's sleep now....I feel 'bout the same as you. Three is rough!