Friday, February 25, 2011

Yarns and Such

I have decided to re-purpose this blog! Or, just add to it. In addition to the random topics I write about, I am turning this into a crochet blog! Complete with pics, patterns and the occasional *wink* mistake, just to remind you that I am still learning.

To make it official, below are some recent projects I've completed:


Do you see a common, ahem, pardon the pun, "thread"? Yes, I am ecstatic about hats! I love trying all new kinds and then the best part, giving them away :) B and K are my sweet models :)
Please excuse the terrible picture of me. But kudos to Brilla for taking a photo of the bobble hat. I think it is cute for kiddos, but will skip wearing out in public on my head!


I am thinking that I very much like working with cotton yarn. Soft and sturdy. Also, the colors are brighter. I worked the pink butterfly cap B is wearing in cotton yarn, Sugar n' Cream. I can't wait to go to a local specialty yarn store and see what they have in stock.

The hat below is in wool, which I prefer for winter. I went hog-wild at a yarn sale they were having at Michaels earlier this week. Most of it was red-tag clearance!!! I am trying some cotton/acrylic. It is soft like cotton, but a tad stretchier. I also wanted to try the tweed blend...and the bamboo...but alas, can't get everything. I will just have to go back. Ha.

The above leggings turned out so well! Except for the strange seam I have going on (because I didn't pull up a loop when I connected). But even the seam can go in the back and they look so cute when B wears them to ballet class.

I am almost finished with my next project...can you guess what it is?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE it! I am so not crafty in anyway (other than scrapbooking) so I'm always suitably impressed by the works of others. And have to hunt down stuff like this for my own kids.

I'm guessing a headband or a belt.

Joy said...

yes, you are right, how did you guess? ;) i still have not finished it! So hard to find minutes to finish a project.