Friday, June 4, 2010



Really should be in bed right now. But with both girls asleep, and my husband just having snoozed off next to me on the couch, I can't resist a
few words on here :)

My swim workout went well; I survived at least. I kept having to put away those little voices that said 'you don't have a swim cap', 'you'll look fat in your suit', and 'just walk on the elliptical'. So I just did it. Felt good to do something that every ounce of me naturally did not want to do. Next time I'm hoping to do a few more laps and focus a lot more on kicking from my hips, since that's the area I want to shed. Boy, was I ever exhausted after that swim. My eyes were droopy all afternoon! What a weenie I am.

I have no book report. And I've added a fourth. Ha. "Should Vaccines Be Mandatory?" It's a book that gives equal voice to both sides of the issue. I've been researching vaccines lately. One thing is disturbing. Did you know that the Hep-A, Chicken Pox and Rubella vaccines are from aborted fetal tissue and have no ethical alternatives? Also, Hep-B and HPV are mainly contracted sexually, so infants and school-age children are at little risk? I'm not 100% against vaccines, but I do believe some are unnecessary. Some, like measles and mumps, DO have alternatives. Some I believe, like Pertussis, are vital. I'm all about doing your research and knowing what's going into your children. If you have a researched opinion you'd like to post, please share.

We went to Mama Stortini's tonight. I didn't have dinner prepared because I thought we had softball tonight and would grab something on the way. But it was cancelled. Bummer, we were looking forward to it. I ordered the veggie pizza and it was okay. Next time I will order with the regular red sauce, not the white garlic. For dessert we got chocolate buttercream samples from Sees. Our favorite.

Upon getting home, the girls had much needed baths. Little Katie loved bath time; especially getting her hair washed. And she basked in all the attention during her lotion rub :)

Just received my goodies from Mom4Life! A new nursing bra, nursing tank, and BumGenius diapers; my nursing strap is yet to come. You really should try the Bravado Nursing Bra and Tank. They are a little $$, but you will never need to buy another one. They offer such great support. And when you're nursing, especially right after having your baby, you feel very floppy and jellyish (at least I do!). The tank is longer, too, than most nursing tanks out there and covers that post-baby flab. Wow, I could be a sales lady for them. LOL.

Today I didn't get much done. Just kept the tiny one on schedule with her naps and feeding. She has a little eye goo which signals an infection, so want to give her plenty of sleep and food. I did pay some bills, fold clothes, and hang with my bro. But mostly just relaxed. Sometimes we need days like that. Especially since tomorrow (Saturday) will be filled to the brim!

Good night then, I need the sleep!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Joy! Your girls are so beautiful! They take after their mommy :)

Just wanted to drop you a quick note to ask if you've considered putting expressed breastmilk in Katie's eye(s) via an eye dropper? It works wonders for clearing up eyes, or even nose congestion. Ears too! It has all the perfect antibodies in it to clear it right up :)

Joy said...

THANK YOU Sarah! I will try this!

Joy said...

Oh, and thank you! I think my girls are pretty sweet too :)