Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Fully Full Day

We did so much today, and I'm so tired, I canNOT wait to lay my head down.

On the way to the park, we stopped at Costco and had some hot dogs and soda. I tried to fool Brilla and gave her lemonade. But she caught me and I ended up giving her soda after all. I can try :) Next, it was pure relaxation in the sun for about 2 hours. Brilla played to her heart's content. Half of her fun is running around with all the other girls her age. She's a social butterfly. Wonder where she gets that from? ::mischievous grin:: We ate so unhealthy today. My snack at the park for us was M&M cookies and Cheetos. You can guarantee it was popular though. After a long stretch in that sun, we headed for some shade at a local consignment shoppe, while Mama got her fun in. I bought a couple things for my body in its "transition phase". I will keep the size undisclosed to protect the innocent party.

About the "transition phase". I dislike how my body looks about the 5th or 6th week postpartum, as I'm sure every new mom does. Reality kicks in. My body is NOT the same as it was at all. The stretch marks are stretchier, the hips are wider, the rear end more cellulitier. If that's even a word. Sometimes I close my eyes between taking my clothes off and trying the new ones on. It's just easier that way. I had someone be very nice and tell me I looked great the other day, "for just having had a baby". Ha. Anyway, I've decided it's not the best time to shop for clothing. I simply end up dissatisfied, frustrated, frumpy and hot all at once.

We had to stop at another park because I had to feed Katie. That girl takes a lot of maintenance ;) So I figured, why not nurse her at a park where B can play again?

I didn't feel like making dinner for just two people (one being a picky toddler who takes forever to eat), so I asked Brilla where she wanted to go. She chose Panera Bread. Wonderful, as we needed a little health for the day. On the way home, I picked up a couple movies at BlockBuster.

After a super long day, I am happily exhausted. After I nurse Katie, it's off to LaLa Land immediately. Did I say how tired I am? Even as I type this last sentence my eyes are drooping...

No comments: