Friday, February 19, 2010

Just an update


I really should be working on my Bible study stuff, but I can't help put that off for another bit while I post.

Baby Girl is 35 weeks as of yesterday. So, a mere 4 weeks, plus or minus, to go! I am very ready to be done being pregnant. Everything is uncomfortable. Sitting on the floor, sitting on the couch, sitting at the table...you get the picture. Really, if I could stand forever that would be ideal.

Overall, however, I have no complaints. This pregnancy has been wonderful. There have been episodes with all my previous pregnancies - the abruption with Brilla, stillbirth with Amelia, and the most recent miscarriage. All I've had with this one is the typical icky morning sickness for 3 solid months :)

I am looking forward to the rest of this year. We have not vacationed (as in flown vacations/out-of-state) for a solid year. I am getting the itch. Once the second princess makes her appearance, and after some reasonable rest, we will be off and running! Visiting relatives, attending a wedding or two, and hopefully Mike and I enjoying a romantic getaway. ::sigh:: That will be lovely.

Until then, I continue to nest. Organized our office. Started on taxes. Just noticed the toiled and shower need scrubbing. Cleaned frig. Cleaned both bedrooms yesterday. Sorted through all the girly clothing and parted with some outfits. Unfortunately, I found some cute outfits with gruesome yellowing all over. I would normally try to remove the stains, but alas, they've been in storage forever and it's just not worth the trouble. Besides, I have a feeling grandmas on both sides will see to a new wardrobe :)

I have recently acquired 2 huge boxes of music books. A local piano teacher has retired and I unwittingly agreed to take on her books. The good news is, she has some very cool teaching tools besides books included. Sad news, there is a massive amount that must be discarded. Like the "popular song books" from the 70's. No adult student, even now, would want those. I've also decided you just have to "say no" to junk.

It has been gloriously sunshiny in western WA this week. Beautiful. I can feel the vitamin D seeping in. On Wednesday, my daughter and I ate lunch in the park. Everyone else had crawled out from the cracks too, so she had quite a number of buddies to play with.

I just ordered Hooked on Phonics for the little ever-inquiring mind around here!! Seriously, my daughter is non-stop asking me how to sound out words, how to spell them. She really wants to read. And I want to quench that thirst. So, I finally got on that internet and ordered some new teaching tools! I'm very excited for her to have something to do while I am busy with her little sister. She's pretty happy, too. Can't stop talking about how she's going to be a big girl and do schoolwork. Actually, she wants to go to school like her big-girl cousins. But we have decided to be adventurous and home school, each year at a time. Yes, that will be crazy busy. But I'm looking forward to it!

There is a home being built right next door. Can I say I sympathize with the homeowners my husband builds next to? All that banging and jolting has gotten on my nerves. I'm in the stage where I'm getting used to it, but totally can't wait for all the people coming in and out of our small cul-de-sac to be gone. Thankfully, our neighbors have no windows on "our side" of their house. Yay for privacy!

Well, I must conclude. It's 10:23 am and I still have my jammies on. Also, my study notes await by my side. And I wanted to get out in that sunshine.

Tomorrow, we are having a family day! The weekend is always nice, especially when hubby is not working it. We're planning to go to the Museum of Flight. And maybe the day will include stopping by Tully's. A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: