Friday, February 12, 2010

34 weeks as of yesterday! My blissful baby belly is blooming!

Thankfully, my belly, and not my bottom (and hips and thighs), is the part of me mainly blossoming. I am still wearing the same maternity clothing as when I first started. I am so proud of my Baby Girl belly, though. And I love it when my First Girl reaches her arms around said Baby Girl belly to give her a hug and peck, cooing, "I love you, Baby". :)

I definitely have felt some changes. I am very sore ::ahem:: down there. My ligaments are for sure stretching. I am also very exhausted right around 2 p.m. and have to lay down for a power nap. My feet start to swell in the evening if I've been on them too long...which even means shopping, for like, 20 minutes. Gah. I also cannot bend over comfortable anymore. Bending over is something I try to avoid at all costs. So yeah, totally getting my thighs worked out as I bend from the knees versus the waist.

However, I'm hanging in there. And I have more energy at this point than my last two pregnancies. I'm also eating healthier and staying more active. I've decided not to do the gym thing. If I workout, my energy is taken for the rest of the day and I cannot survive. So, I'm putting my membership on hold for about 3 months. Needless to say, I'm busy nesting, carrying out my outside-the-home responsibilities, piano teaching, cooking, hanging with family and friends, and keeping an eye on my toddler. Yeah. I think I'm getting enough workout.

Praise the Lord. God has been providing for our construction business. We've had lean times, but I've never doubted God's ability to provide in those lean times. I've said this before, but it's either feast or famine in the construction industry. My husband has recently received several leads and many of them are panning out! Again, the Lord is our Provider!

I have been prepping for Baby. Recently bought and received the ittiest, cutest newborn outfits for our Baby Girl. Still working on that nursery, though. We just need to take a weekend and get it done. However, due to my husband's work, our weekends have been filled with business-related items or getting time in with family, who at times think we've crawled into a cave to live.

Needless to say, I still count every movement of Baby Girl a gift from God. I continually bathe her in prayer. Now, more than ever, I can't wait to see her beautiful face. Mama is getting antsy!!


No comments: