Thursday, January 14, 2010

Out and About

I went to the gym today. On Tuesday, my workout felt exhilarating. Okay, as exhilarating as one may feel while pregnant. Today, however, I felt like I was just willing myself to finish. Baby Girl felt like she was trying to get out! Usually, she is still when I exercise. But not today. Well, maybe she got jealous and wanted in on the activity, too ;) One of my incentives to go work out at the gym is to shower without interruption afterward...as long as I want! The other incentive may sound extremely cheesy. Oh well...the fact that I'm using their hot water and not mine equals saving $ on my part. Seriously, though, those two incentives alone have gotten me to the gym on many an occasion.

Meeting the Washington rain head on, Brilla and I met up with Mamang and Grandpa John for lunch at Chevy's. I tried their Cilantro & Lime Chicken Salad for the first time. It was amazing! And very big. I halved it and took the rest to go. After lunch, the lady threesome walked around the mall a bit. I'm amazed at how I can exercise on the treadmill for 45 straight, but be exhausted of "shop walking" after only about 15 minutes. It's all the stopping and standing. There were some great sales at Macy's, but not enough to catch my eye. Then we headed to Tully's. Yes, my fave coffee shop. You may hear about me going there a lot nowadays. I had a caramel macchiato with scrumptious blueberry loaf while my mom tried their ginger peach tea latte. It truly has a nice flavor. But it's caffeinated!

Bri and I headed home for Bible club. She got to her nap late, but better late than never! The neighbor girls actually did show, and we learned about Jesus, the good shepherd. We made cute little mirrors that, at the end, had "I am Jesus' Little Lamb" on the front. This way, every time they look in the mirror, they can remember they belong to Jesus and that He takes care of them every day! Side note - shared my pomegranate chocolates with the girls - yes I still have some left! I wanted to see if they liked them! Well, the smallest one is picky anyway and did not like, but the older one was eating them a little too fast for her own good! She was like, "Where did you get these?" All I know is, perhaps an adult in her home will be making a chocolate-covered-pomegranate run!

No comments: