Friday, January 15, 2010

End of the Week

I adore the end of the week, also known as "Friday". But especially when I know my husband does not have to work the next day. Today was no exception. Since the day before we were "out and about", relaxation was at the forefront of the itinerary.

Having items due at the library, my daughter and I stopped there first. We hung out for about an hour! We read books, browsed, and B even did some online coloring. That girl is getting good with the mouse. I'm so proud of her for not giving up! Tell ya, that little "toddler laptop" she received for Christmas has done wonders for her hand/eye coordination.

Next we returned some items at H&M. This mama got a little carried away at our last visit. The maternity items were on sale then (they usually are pricey). Good thing I kept the receipt! Then we popped over to Ivar's for lunch. On a rainy day, clam chowder is perfect. I couldn't help but try out a frozen yogurt stand that was nearby as well. Good choice, it was delicious! Especially the strawberries on top! If you ever want to know if I'm pregnant, just check my blogs, and you will know I am because I'm always posting about food and what I ate at every meal! Ha!

Then we headed back into H&M (I know, recipe for disaster) but this time, because B wanted to look at all the Hello Kitty items. They had the cutest little pink HK hat we ended up leaving with. She looks so cute in it!

We made home in time for her nap today, which was very nice. Especially since it was time for me to try out my new pot roast recipe (which was a success, btw!) If you want the recipe, here it is: all you do is brown a 4lb pot roast on all sides, then sprinkle 1-2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 8 oz horseradish (key ingredient!) on all sides. Add 1 cup water and cover/simmer for 2 1/2 hrs. Then add potatoes, carrots and onions. Simmer for another hour. You end up with a perfect, extremely tender roast. My husband gobbled it right up. I feel like doing the happy dance when a new recipe turns out good :)

After dinner, we had dessert at Costco. We all shared their humongous ice cream bar, chocolate-dipped with almonds. Yum-o. Then we walked to the electronics and drooled over the LCD computer screens ;)

Believe it or not, since my mission to eat healthy and exercise regularly began, I have not gained any further weight yet! My goal is not to lose weight, but because (pardon the detail) I'm regular again - not gorging on holiday food anymore- and just being healthy, I did go down one pound. I think everything is evening out since I gained weight way too fast this last month.

Looking forward to tomorrow - we are going to work on Baby Girl's nursery!

No comments: