Monday, January 18, 2010

New Beginning

Do you ever feel like Monday is a new beginning? That it sets the tone for the whole week?

Well, I always begin my week with being at Bible Study. Not by choice, I really do have to be there, but after being there, I am amazed at how God has blessed me. It's more than just studying God's Word. It' s chatting about what God has been doing in our lives, encouraging a discouraged heart, exhorting others to better leadership skills, and laughing our heads off.

I leave refreshed and so much closer to Jesus!

That's how it was this morning. We are studying the resurrection of Lazarus. Bible Study Fellowship does such an awesome job of delving into the passage, taking it apart. I think the bottom line for me during this week's study has been God's love and care for His own. Jesus Christ has such compassion. He loved his dear friends to the point of weeping for them. The wording is Scripture is so poignant, "He groaned in His Spirit and was troubled." I think not just for his friends' grief, but also for the reality of death and the sorrow it brings. The cool thing is, this story has a powerful, miraculous ending. But it's not just for Lazarus, it's for all of us!! All of us who love Jesus, when we die, will be resurrected again to live with Him forever! Praise God.

Another repeated concept I see in this story is Jesus' timetable...His focus on bringing salvation to the Jews. He loved His own so much, yet they were so stubborn and unwilling to believe. Jesus doesn't give up on them easily; He gives many opportunities. The disciples want to protect Him from danger, but He basically responds,"I need to shine the Light while there is still time, there are still so many who don't yet believe." Then, Jesus tells his disciples He is glad He wasn't there to heal Lazarus so that they would believe. Further, when arriving to visit Mary and Martha, he repeatedly draws out Martha's faith. Lastly, He thanks His Father for yet another opportunity to draw the Jews to the Light, as he brings Lazarus back to life.

I need to be of the same mindset. Always looking for ways to share the Light of Christ. Never giving up on my friends and relatives. Always being in prayer for their souls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, I am so excited for what's ahead. Baby gear I've ordered has been coming in. My Peanut Shell sling, nursing helps, EconoBum diapers, and hand-me-down girl clothing sit on the shelf just waiting to be used.With all the baby preparations, I just can't help but imagine life with my two girls. How precious. When Baby Girl comes, I will be breaking from Bible Study leadership and piano teaching. How I will ever get back into the groove of things is beyond me, but I am so looking forward to that break.

*Sigh* Yet, there are still 2 1/2 more months to go!! Can you sense the impatience?!

I'm looking forward to a retreat in early February. On one hand, I'd love to be going with my husband, but on the other, it will still be fun to get away with the ladies and experience God in a deeper and more challenging way. I am a little nervous as to how I will sleep while away from home, seeing that I have a hard enough time in my own bed!! And the long drive to Portland will not be the most exciting experience, either, seeing I'll prolly have to stop every 45 minutes for a potty break! And sitting that long is not pleasant with a big belly. But I am anticipating the nice hotel room, yummy food and meeting new people!

No comments: