Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Friday to You!

Good-bye week, hello weekend. Don't you love Fridays?

Even if you're a stay-at-home Mom like me, Fridays are wonderful. There's just something about them. Since my husband is in construction, he works super hard during the days, then we party like old people by watching TV at night and getting to bed early. On the weekends, however, we go really wild and stay up until like midnight. Haha!

This Friday's a little different in that my hubby is gone and enjoying himself- immensely- I am sure. I can't remember a last time he got to hang with "the guys". Meanwhile, I am enjoying hanging with my girl. Last night, we stayed up way too late eating tomato/basil pizza and watching "Little Miss Broadway". Brilla simply eats up Shirley Temple. In fact, sometimes my little singer and drama queen reminds me of the tiny actress. Today we plan to deliver a belated Mother's Day gift to my mom, or "Mamang" as Brilla calls her, since she was down in Missouri last weekend. We also hope to paint our toenails a bright red tonight! I bought this bottle of polish for about 74 cents at Target and we'll see how redly it shines.

Speaking of shopping at Target, I shopped there, at TJ Maxx and Ross yesterday. I have a shopping bug. Of course, I end up taking 75% of it all back, but you know. I bought some cute dresses at Target for only $6.24 each. One is black with white dots all over, and the other is a plain black dress. Yes, it is Spring, but I love the fact that I can dress up black/white for any season. And for so inexpensive and cute, I couldn't pass them up. I also got some mineral makeup that I really like, a cute scarf, bundt pan, cutting board, and whole wheat bunny crackers for B. From TJ Maxx I got a sweet box that says "Count Your Blessings", bamboo board and drinking bottle for the gym. At Ross, I got some decorative containers, another scarf, and a video/DVD holder that I had bought at BBB when they were clearing out stuff...guess Ross got the rest of them in the end. Now I'll have matching ones. I have something against Ross though...a couple weeks ago (just before I left for FL), I gave them my card with store credit on it toward some purchases. After the lady checked me out, she gave me the receipt that said I had $1.60 still left on the card, then she looked at me and said "you no need card right?" and promptly tossed it. I assumed this meant I still had the receipt as a voucher for next time. Wrong. I tried to do so yesterday, and they said, "You need the card." I was upset. I know, only a $1.60, but that's still my money. I pushed it with the manager, too (don't you hate it when people do that when you're behind them in line?), but she reemphasized needing the card as well. And actually, the cashier I was checking out with was the gal who had thrown it away in the first place, which I tried to prick her memory about, but she lied and said something like, "I only work here for week." So, anyway that is my bone I have to pick with Ross. I love that store, but won't be shopping it again for a while.

Did any of you realize that next Monday is Memorial Day? Well, I didn't! I hadn't a clue until a student asked me if I would be having lessons. My husband doesn't usually ever take off those kind of "holidays", so nope we're not going anywhere. Besides, we both will have gotten back from vacations. I'll likely do something exciting like fill out IRS paperwork and scrub my bathroom :)

There is still an awful lot of today left and the weather is beautiful. So I'd better sign off and go take a walk or something. Cheerio!

No comments: