Thursday, June 6, 2013

5:30 was my wake up this morning. Amazingly, I felt very rested. So I got up and watered my lawn and flowers. What a beautiful morning. The birds chirping, the heat from yesterday still hanging in the air.

I am trying to decide what I'll do with my girls today. Of course, we must do school, but I am also thinking we will go get some more things for our yard. A pot, a bench, a bird bath. I also need some sunglasses, so we'll likely stop at Target. Hm. Maybe it will be just a casual outing after all. I may reward their patience during Mommy's shopping with a trip to the park.

Funny Brilla saying for the week: She told her friend as they entered our garage (aka "the pit", there is so much junk in there) "We have a lot of stuff in our garage, we're rich." Hahaha...love it.

Her friend wanted to know if we really were rich, hence how us moms both found out what Brilla said. Kids are fantastic.

I know where she's going with the whole "rich" thing. I know my daughters mind. Though she's only six, she is a deep thinker, and some times blows me away. After listening to Crazy Love (Francis Chan), we came to the conclusion that compared to a lot of people in poor countries, and even the USA, we are rich. We have a place to call home, we can afford the mortgage, heat, food and clothing. (Like, out of this world amounts of clothing.) We have always told Brilla we are very rich because God has given us everything we need, plus our wants from time to time. And that we should be so thankful for all He has given, we want to share all we have with others. Nothing is ours, it's all Gods, and He lends it to us for a time.

So, yes we ARE rich. We have beyond everything we could ask for or think up! As God as our ultimate Provider and gift-giver, we lack for nothing. Never have, never will.

 I need to remember this when I am in a funk. Often it's our worldly mindset that gets us thinking we don't have enough or need what we don't. God is gracious, he doesn't slap us upside the head for that kind of thinking (well not usually). Instead He graciously reveals Himself, gently prods. He knocks until we open.

I need to remember the simple faith of my six-year-old.

No comments: