Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Oh my goodness. I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately. My middle girl has been hard to handle lately, or maybe she's just two. Either way, yesterday there were runny noses, lots of demands, lots of whining, and lots of timeouts (amongst other appropriately sanctioned correction).

Whining can be catching, so my oldest has been reverting and whining too. She's mostly grown out of it (or do we ever??) but lately because her younger sister is, she's joining in.

I had a bad allergy myself the other day, which I haven't had in a while, so that landed me pretty hard. Whenever my immune system is low, it starts up. I had run out of multi-vites, was exhausted from working out so hard (thanks a lot Jillian Michaels!), and got to bed late several nights in a row. Combine that with  Allergies always render me useless which itchy eyes, and constantly blowing the runny nose. Really, I just want to sink into a deep sleep and give everyone else 24-hour naps so I can recuperate.

Our Labor Day was super boring. We basically "labored" all day: my husband at the different job sites, and me, at home. Shared this with a friend this week, but when I was little, my dad used to always have chores lined up for us on holidays such as Labor Day. I would complain,"Dad, it's Labor Day!" "Yes,"he would say. "That's why we're doing work. We are laboring!" Ugh. He just didn't get it. And now I do the same thing. Ha!

I am selling my cloth diaper stash, so had to take pictures and post them online, which is pretty tedious work.Then I had to plan Brilla's birthday party and send out invites. Honestly, I would have preferred to be out and about in the sunshine, frolicking with the girlies but these things had to get done! The bathroom needed cleaning. Then the stacked laundry caught my eye. And while I was at it, cleaned up my disaster of a room, too. While doing that, I noticed all my maternity clothing was still in my closet. Cleared that out and into the garage. As I ventured out into the living room, I noticed there was every kind of crumb imaginable on its floor, so had to pick up all the toys/blankets, you name it, up first before I could vacuum.

Meanwhile, my middle daughter was at my heels, begging me for attention. And making the noises that go along with it.

Don't know about you, but when my toddler wants food, she wants it NOW. Does she always get it? No, because usually I'm in the middle of a project, or we just finished breakfast for heaven's sake, or I've bypassed the usual meal hour, or more likely the case, we have boundaries in our home and none of my children can demand food in a nasty way and expect to get it.

Whatever the case, it's stressful having a little human being demanding her way. Especially if other siblings join in because, you know, mom needs a little motivation to get on the ball :)

So I've made a decision. We are having fun today! We will run some errands in the process, but the kids will never know! We may only be out for a little while, since nap time is at 2pm, but a great time will be had.

And to boot, much of my cloth diaper stash is being sold this afternoon *smile*


No comments: