Thursday, June 14, 2012

On My Way

I've decided to make this the spot where I keep track of my weight loss! It will be hard when I fail, but great when I don't because hopefully, you will be here reading :)

Last night, I wasn't able to make it to the pool, but I was itching to exercise, so I did jumping jacks for warm-up. Then, I ran around our front and back yards about 10 times. I was thankful my daughter couldn't keep up with me because I am 6 times her age! And though my neighbors may have thought I was weird, it felt wonderful. I will be doing this again.

If anything, the exercise will increase my metabolism. As I posted before, I'm usually an active woman, but have been sedentary. Tonight is our first softball game! I played last year with my husband when first pregnant with Reese. It was great because it helped lift those first-trimester blues. Now, it will help those post-partum pounds! Next week is also when outdoor soccer begins. There are 40 minute halves, as opposed to my indoor games, which were 20 minute halves. Strangely, I like the longer games, because I do better when active in a long streak, versus subbing every few minutes. Being outdoors allows me to breath in the fresh air too.

I know that I'm supposed take in about 2300 calories as a breastfeeding woman. Other information states you need 2700, but based on the book Eat Well, Lose Weight, While Breastfeeding, it can be less. Since I've counted calories before based on this diet, I know about how much my intake is. And it's way too much! Partly because I love food. After having Reese, I was ravenous all the time, having a hay-day since there was no baby to tie up room for my food anymore.

So, my goal is to stay away from dessert, except two/three times a week. I usually eat whole foods and whole grains, but have gotten away from this. Another thing is dairy. I love cheese and milk. But keeping these to a minimum has helped also. Another change is not eating past 9. I've gotten into the horrible habit of late-night eating and that doesn't help one iota.

--------------------


This is our last day of school! We are so pumped. And so done with K-5. Tomorrow we buy all her new books for 1st grade. And then begins a summer free of book work! Onto library reading club, swimming, playing with friends, craft projects, park days and just being able to do fun stuff all day versus school :)



No comments: