Monday, March 19, 2012

I just put my little Reesie down for the night. Well, until she feeds again. Probably around 2:30/3. Then she'll wake up about 7:3/8. Today wasn't her best day eating. I think she's a little under the weather. She mostly wanted to sleep. I've discovered that she has the teeniest nostril passages and in order to nurse well, I have to make sure they are cleared out daily. This is the most I've ever used a nose-sucker-outer thing. It really does come in handy.

My day started off great, because the girls slept in a little. I was able to get my stretches and toning exercises in. I really pushed myself. It was painful but felt great afterward. I'm finally using all those workouts in my magazines. I have a very sweet girl friend who has given me a magazine subscription the last couple of years. It has been the best gift ever because I always have a little something to reach for when I'm nursing.

It's hard to believe the Spring soccer season is starting up and the first game is Friday. Yes, I play this Friday. I'm trying to convince myself I won't die. I've been working out the last few weeks with crunches, jumping jacks, pushups, and the like. Last week was my first attempt at running. Yes, my first attempt and I have a game in a few days! Thankfully, indoor soccer has subs go in and out constantly.

I've also changed my diet. I'm back to eating a lot healthier. I've mostly cut out sweets, except for the occasional ice cream before bed. Now, mind you, I've always been an organic and whole wheat type of person, but I also love food and tend to eat much of it AND eat on the sweet side.

Ever since we started getting our produce from a local co-op source, we are getting an amazing variety of fruits and veggies every week. We are "forced" to eat healthier. Also, it's been good to replace my bad eating habits with good ones. Sometimes when the desire to eat bad food wants to hang around, you just have to kick it in the rear end with a good dose of whole foods and stick with it for at least three weeks. That's how it works with me anyway.

For lunch today, I made my husband a ham panini, servced with leftover corned beef, cabbage and potato stew to dip it in. For myself, I made a spinach salad. It was delicious. Had all that was in my husband's panini, just without the bread and a lot more veggies. My girls are benefiting from this change too. They get a lot healthier snacks. Today we snacked on some amazing guacamole, and strawberry/mango smoothies I made.

After lunch, Bri and I did some running. My daughter was a trooper to keep up. These runs and walks will be good for her though. The breeze felt great in my hair and on my cheeks. Funny weather, it was a crisp sunny day, then it hailed in the middle of our run.

My daughter did great on her school work today. She needs a lot of, shall I say, motivation?, to get things done. I've done it all...timers, treats, getting upset (which doesn't work too well) and competition (can you do such and such before I finish the dishes?). Some times it works, some times it does not. She is a dreamer. If she had her way, she would sing, dance, build forts, draw and dress-up all day. And honestly, I would love to let her. In fact, some days I have. But it's good to instill the daily discipline of school work, get her in the swing of reality. But like I said before, she did GREAT today!! And I told her so. I felt like cheering. I think patience with her goes a long way.

I did not get any Bible study in today. I love reading God's word every day, but the actual study questions I have to get done are hard to get in. I don't always have the time to focus my brain for a long chunk of time.

I will leave you with this question that I thought was a good provoker: What is the difference between organic unity and organizational conformity? Organic unity refers to the one faith, one Lord, and one God, a few of the basic Christian tenets we hold to, whereas organizational conformity would refer to those standards and/or rules held by certain Christian orgs. I would love to hear your thoughts.

I must head to bed. My body is incredibly sore and my soft pillow is all I can think of. Nighty-night.

No comments: