Friday, March 23, 2012

The baby is finally asleep. Those words are some of the most beautiful ones I have heard today.

That girl keep me on my toes and rings out my energy! She is the reason why I feel like zombie around 2 p.m.

My husband is in between projects, so he is currently building us a new deck on the back of the house! We had our hot tub cut out of the former one and gave it to friends. Since then, it had no railings in that corner, jut a big drop off to the yard below. Not great for toddlers who are adventuresome. Since Mike had some time, he demolished it and began this new one. It will be so pretty, with colors we like instead of painted ugly brown. When it's finished I'll disclose the colors and give the before and after.

While he has been doing that, I have been getting in shape. More crunches, push-ups, lunges, leg toners, boxing moves, and jumping jacks. More walks and runs with my eldest. Running in place. Anything to burn off this middle flab and gain muscle in its place.

Tonight was my first soccer game since having Reese. My last one was the week I found out I was pregnant with her. Obviously, I am pretty out-of-shape. We were down women players and had no subs. I got my workout for the whole next week, at least that's what it feels like! My feet are sore as can be. Let's just say I'm glad I've been exercising some. Today, while our flat tire was getting fixed, Katie and I walked to Fred Meyer. It was a gorgeous day.

We started seeing a Naturopathic doctor for Reese. He recommended going dairy-free for a couple weeks to help lessen her gas and dry skin. Not that dairy-free is healthier, but it's sure helped me to lose some pounds. I'm using almond, soy and coconut milk in its place. I tried some almond cheese today but it's a no-go. However, the soy latte I had the other day was delicious. Today I made some blueberry muffins that were amazing. They were baked with almond milk. Two weeks? It can't be all that bad.

While pregnant, I got in the bad habit of eating a ton chocolate, desserts and unhealthy food throughout the day. It's easier to continue when you have a newborn because you are exhausted and don't have time to cook. But I decided enough was enough! So. I've been eating a ton more veggies and fruits. Smoothies instead of ice cream (though I still do have the occasional scoop, just not while I'm on the dairy fast) and pb & honey instead of other desserts. I don't just want to fill my body, I want to fuel it. Especially with my little one's brain growing these first three months.

My middle girl has a runny nose again. I tell you what, whenever she gets around those toddlers at Bible study, she comes down with a new cold! We had just recovered from her other one last Saturday, so I was able to go to church. Crossings my fingers that she'll get better before Sunday again.

I'd better rest my weary legs in bed. Perhaps my man will rub my feet too? Fat chance, I think he's probably exhausted too. We're pretty sad around here. Happy weekend!

No comments: