Monday, December 28, 2009

Just another post

Back to Monday. Very much missing my husband right now.

Truth be told, I have nothing to complain about. I have another week break! I am going to enjoy it to the fullest. My brothers are still here on vacation and there is some Tully' s coffee to be had. I should also hit the gym a couple times. Not looking forward to that, but hey, I'll probably feel better afterward.

What did you get for Christmas?

My husband was very sweet. He got me a couple of Tully's gift cards. I love Tully's. We tried to go last night, but they were closed. So looks like a trip there is in order soon! He also gave me the new Selah CD I really wanted!! I'm listening to it right now. I also received a kitchen remodel magazine (that I've already browsed with him) and a new schedule book for the new year.

From my family...some delightful Tommy Girl perfume, a fluffy, cozy robe, candles and Target gift card (Target is my second home). My dear grandma gave me those beautiful "as seen on TV" clips that hold my hair very nicely. My bro-in-law was in China on his last trip (he's a pilot) and got me a sweet hand-blown heart necklace. I treasure jewelry, since I don't usually buy it for myself.

Part of the joy of Christmas for me is the giving. This holiday, I gave my husband a new wedding ring. Long story short, it is lost and he really needed one. Since he cannot wear it at work for safety purposes, I got a simple sterling silver one with a little inscription inside, including our wedding date. It looks so good on him!! Of course, I'm a little bias ;)

We got our daughter a LEGO starter set, as well as a Crayola art set. She loves both. She got my creative gene! She thoroughly loves creating things, so she has been quite entertained lately. She also received a dollhouse from Grammy. And a portable toddler "laptop" from one of her uncles. I think she's all set to become an adult pretty soon ;) Actually, Brilla was quite spoiled this Christmas - she is surrounded by so many people who love her.

We are planning to take it easy for New Year's. In other words, much lower-key than Christmas, with no huge feast preparations. We may go to our church's gym night. Our sanctuary is multi-purpose, and also functions as a basketball court. Perfect for volleyball as well. There will be board games galore, too. Fun, fun!

Well, the gym is calling me today, but I am not sure I want to go! Where is the motivation right after Christmas? Not here, anyway.

Oh, and I'm 27 weeks!! Nearly 2 lbs, and about 14 1/2 in long, our Baby Girl is really wiggling around and making herself known! I cannot tell you how my excitement to see her increases each and every day!!

2 comments:

Susannah Forshey said...

I can't wait to hear what name you have chosen!

Joy said...

Me too :) We aren't telling family because every time in the past, both sides have shown great disdain for our choices!! So, they'll just get a surprise, won't they?