Thursday, December 17, 2009

26 Weeks and Christmas Prep


Baby Girl is 26 weeks along today! Only 98 days to go (hopefully) until we see our precious daughter.

It's actually pretty scary to think I have only 98 days left to prepare for her arrival. I haven't yet begun to organize the nursery and transport office stuff to the garage. We're going to have to be creative with our space this time. However, challenges like this leave me motivated, not worried. IKEA is such a wonderful resource. I recently saw their bookshelves for only $60. Mike couldn't even make them for that much, combining the time and materials. Right now we have this bookshelf that takes up a lot of space in the office, so having wall-hung bookshelves would be more space-efficient at this point. Anyway, so funny, here I am thinking about the detail of bookshelves when I should be thinking about the overall scheme of things! But that's just like me. I love decorating.

I am making Christmas baskets again this year. I love making these baskets. You can do a homemade basket for much less money and quality than store-bought. Besides, everything inside is enjoyable, as opposed to having to pay money for the pickled asparagus you know the recipient will never eat.

My Christmas recital was wonderful. The kids dressing up in costumes worked well. I had some pretty small wise men! All in all, I was just so pleased with every single student. I don't think there were any mistakes! They enjoyed the goodies brought by different moms. I also enjoyed making customized ornaments for each child. I told you I love crafts and decorating!

And those Christmas cards. I think I may actually get them out on time this year. Amazing, huh?

I've already received some fun little gifts this year. You know, every time I receive a little gift, I feel so blessed. Just that someone thought to give me a little something makes me feel special and warm inside. I especially enjoy the homemade items. Do they have the same effect on you?

Can't believe that our decorations and Christmas tree are all up, and have been for about a week. I think knowing my students and guests will enjoy them when they come over is motivation to get them up. Or else, I'd probably wait until waaay too late, then have to take them right down again! Only thing left to put up is our blue Christmas lights and tiny pathway light bags (or whatever they're called). The lights are the expertise of my, ahem, busy husband.

So here's to the rest of my Christmas baking and prep! Hopefully yours is coming along splendidly, but even if not, please remember that Jesus it the reason for the season. At least make sure you have enough time to stop and remember the incredible gift, God sent us so long ago, His only Son, Jesus Christ. That's what's most important!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're amazing, Joy! How do you have time for all of your crafts, baking, recitals, AND mommying? Not to mention you're prego. I'm impressed and wonder...could you send me some of your energy?

Joy said...

Well, I have a 2 weeks break right now and I am definitely taking it! I'm exhausted these days, but it's a good feeling. I feel like I'm really enjoying this Christmas. Last year was kind of a blur.

Btw, I wish I could be a traveller like you've been lately! Next year I think we'll get out more after Baby comes :)