Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Usual

Blogging about the past weekend, the week so far and anything else that comes to mind....you are forewarned! :D

This past weekend was very fun. Last Friday we went to my sister-in-law's home for a get-together with the Hayward family! They grew up in our church (before I even started attending) and a few years ago, moved down to New Mexico. We haven't seen them in forever, so it was such a blessing to reunite again! Lori (the mom) lived with my husband's family for a while, as a single mom. Then she married Allen and now has 4 kids, that are now all so grown up! Literally...Scott is a junior in high school and 6'4"! So anyhow, they are all like family. We had a huge spread of grilled salmon, hamburgers, corn, yummy salad, yada yada yada and fruit pizza. Michelle's fruit pizza is to die for. After eating, we all laughed our heads off telling funny stories. I HAVE to share one here: My brother-in-law, Steve, was shooting arrows into their field via the bow, along with his daughter, Erika. Steve said, "Erika, maybe when you grow up, we can shoot the bow together." Erika says, "Oh, Daddy, *laughs* you'll be dead by then." !! Erika is hilarious. She is bluntly honest, often just blurting what comes to her mind, and often unaware of the content :)

On Saturday, we went to Panera Bread for breakfast. What a great way to start the day. Their egg soufflees are to die for. After that, we went to the Community Center and registered Brilla for swim lessons. Then we went back home so Mike could do some work. Work on the weekend is not his activity of choice, but lately, necessary. I decided to take a nap because we'd gotten to sleep late and I was pooped. Later in the evening, Steve, Michelle and the girls came over to look at the Corolla we're selling. And they also came bearing Papa Murphy's pizza, and ice cream!! Yum. Steve and the girls then started mowing our lawn. (Yark work is Steve's hobby) Mike got in on it, too, seeing it is our yard! Then we all came inside after an invasion of the misquitos. I have the welts to prove it. We talked and watched some videos before finally turning in. Another late night...

Mike did not sleep well that night and neither did I. Brilla and I went to church after all; I was on nursery duty, I had cooked a meal for the potluck, and I wanted to hold the two newborns at church! It ended up being a delightful morning...yes, I did get to hold the babies. My friends Erienne and Desi just had their babies Carter and Acadia this last week. There's nothing like holding a sweet babe!! I cannot wait for God to give me another one some day soon.
Upon returning home, Mike did not feel good and we were exhausted. We were going to attend our dear friend's birthday, little Noah was turning one, but just didn't have the gumption. We were sad to miss it! However, we ended up catching up on sleep and buying a few groceries at the store.

Monday was a busy day (do you all ever feel like they're catch-up days??). So I caught up with paperwork, paid bills, completed quarterlies, mailed pics to my Grandma and then headed to the mall. I had planned on going to the mall earlier in the week to buy myself a swimsuit, but it never happened. So to Marshall's we went. I found a cute swimsuit that actually looks decent on me. I'll have to post a pic of it soon. (A pic of the swimsuit, not me in the swimsuit :P) It was a Michael Kors 2-piece for only $30. Yey! And I got Brilla some new Sunday shoes, since her toes currently hang over the front of the old ones :P That's it! I controlled myself in buying only the items I needed. But the secret is now out....

Usually, we let B play on the toys at the mall without putting coins in, because she doesn't know the difference. But, yesterday, while she was on a toy, another girl climbed in, and the nice mom put in coins for both of them to ride it. Part of me was like, "No! She doesn't know it's more exciting than this! Don't put the coins in!" But I guess she has to find out some time. And yesterday was that time. I was a bit embarrassed by how thrilling the ride was for Brilla. She was so excited, she was giggling at about 1,000 decibals. My girl lets it all out! Maybe she'll forgot about the coins next time...

We arrived home for lunch and nap time. Then I taught piano. We recently bought air conditioning, so it was nice and cool. Then we rushed out of the house to swim lessons, which we ended up arriving in plenty of time for. It's a parent/tot class, and B loved every minute. Next time, we're going to stay for open swim swim as well so she can get more time in the water. It was killing her to leave last night. Her eyes gazed longingly at all the beautiful water.

Bible club went well, too. Two boys showed up. We played frisbee, learned the Bible verse, "Be sure your sins will find you out." To illustrate the truth of this verse, Mike told the Pocketwatch Story...about a boy who establishes a habit of lying and evetually ends up getting caught when he's an adult. Then the kids had huge ice cream cones; and we sent them home, where they probably bounched off the walls :)

Today I am planning to mop my kitchen. It's horrid. Then it's dishes and laundry. When I'm finally hot and sick of housework, we'll probably head to the beach to cool off. All afternoon I am teaching, so dinner is something I'll have to think about soon. Right now, I should probably get out of my jammies and get started on some of that cleaning.

Here's to another unusually hot day in Western WA!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You always write such detailed accounts of your life and what's happening with your family; I love that about you! I can almost hear you talk when I read your blog! So funny! Hope things are going well for you and hope to see you again soon!