Monday, December 31, 2018

Its amazing in this day and age on social media, how many use it to gain acceptance or approval. Literally, some teenagers or *gasp* adults would DIE without the companionship of cyber relationships. Which to me is very sad. It bespeaks the condition of our world, the lie of media, the discontent of who we are as people, especially a people who have need of God, His love, and yet we push Him away for a measly substitute every day.

I, in my finite ways, push him away too. I do it without thinking because though God has transformed my heart to love Him, it is still earthy and selfish and will not be perfect until that Day. Until then. I race on, and press on, endeavoring to throw off self and put on Christ, allowing Him to infiltrate every area.

Currently, I'm reading a few books given to me as gifts this Christmas. Home Body by Joanna Gaines, The Food Lab by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, in addition, A More Perfect Union by Jodi Daynard and Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. I'll not likely be "done" with Food Lab for a looong time, as its a cook book, and Home Body is quite extensive but the other two I'm hoping to finish by the end of January. I've low expectations of myself these days, as I try to prioritize my days, otherwise, I'd be sitting on my hiney reading all day while my kids starve. A huge exaggeration but, seriously.

Right now, I plan on making a little tea and starting breakfast for my kidlets. We literally have two more days of Christmas break. I am sad! I love not having to wake up, pack lunches, deal with homework and rush kids to and fro. But the kids thrive on schedule, so it will be good for them having to be back on track.

Lately I've been watching my kids closely and can tell which one needs special attention. I notice, literally only a half hour of time individually with them doing something they enjoy means the world. With B, its either discussion or a mind game, K it's snuggling and talking, R, its an activity or snuggle, C, its playing "tickle me and kiss me", wrestling, or reading a construction book. All very fun distractions from mundane life. I love my kids.

Tonight is New Years Eve. I guess I am supposed to be hosting a party, and putting up some food for it. This will be interesting as I'm still worn out from Christmas. But I love being around family, so that part I'm looking forward to. Here's to 2019!

No comments: