Wednesday, April 17, 2013

recovery

We just returned from vacation a week ago. Our family had an amazing, full time together.

Disneyland and California Adventure were beyond wonderful. Truthfully, we ended up liking California Adventure the best. What a stellar job Disney does on their parks. The food is delicious and every ride is a winner. If you ever get the chance to take your kids, you should. Worth every dollar you spend. (And boy does it take a lot).

We were able to spend time with my mother's side of the family. As always, they were super hospitable and hosted a few events while we were there. We were lucky to spend an afternoon celebrating my Grandpa and his wife's 25th anniversary, see most of my cousins, and eat amazing Filipino food.

What a whirlwind week!

We came home happy to be in our own beds and in our own space. Fitting three kids in a hotel room gets crowded. I even missed cooking and cleaning. Wow,that is so weird, huh? You go to get away from it all and find your are happiest at home. Perhaps it was the being away that made me thankful and freshened my perspective. Whatever the case, I'm glad to be back.

I just recently joined the electronic tablet world. Since I've finally met my weight-loss goal, I earned it. I had a few credit card reward points to help out with the purchase. Thank goodness for those! Now I am addicted to the thing and my poor daughter had to keep drawing my attention back to schoolwork. Who is the responsible adult around here?

Looking forward to completing school and just hanging out in the sun. We've had some gorgeous weather the past couple days! Summer can't come quick enough.

1 comment:

Smidgivitt said...

Glad you guys had a great vacation! Hope I can see you this summer at some point.