Friday, January 14, 2011

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

(the above post title said in the tone of Inspector Clouseau)

Yes, I got a new look! Shabby Blogs has the cutest background choices :)

I got the ambition to change it all up at 11 o'clock at night. Isn't that how it always happens?

Anyway, the new background kind of sums up what I'm really interested in right now...sewing and crafting. I'm not that much a scrapbook/card-making kind of girl anymore (when I was single) as much as I am a homemade blanket or crocheted leg warmers kind of girl *wink* Or at least I'm getting there. So many patterns, so much material, so much yarn out there! Who can resist?

I have to watch out, though. I've learned from the past that I can get easily interested in something and get just as quickly disinterested. Thus, I've been delving in slowly. Making sure, after a few months, that I'm still interested in "whatever it is". Thankfully, I'm still enthralled with sewing, crocheting and cloth diapering as I was months ago.

When I was a girl, I made my first little pot holder. But my little hands and mind couldn't go past that. At the time, I was thoroughly involved in sports...having absolutely NO patience for any of it. I think as an adult there are some areas you mature in, task you develop patience for. Crocheting is one of the many!

My husband find it quite amusing. But his latest query to me is where we are going to put the sewing machine my mother is giving me (so she can buy a new one). I'm at a loss myself where to store it, but one thing for sure, it's coming to live with us!! My mom has graciously offered to service and oil the machine, for which I am grateful.

I'm so excited about buying new furniture. I love a good piece. I used to really like IKEA (okay I still do, don't get me wrong), but you have to admit, their furniture is cheap. ANYWAY, my husband has helped me to see it actually pays in the long run to get a good quality piece. Thus, my addiction to craigslist. And we have just recently acquired a gorgeous, espresso-colored buffet/dresser/tv console sort of piece that I will have to post pics of, if I can find my camera cord. Then, tonight at Costco, we found the exact computer table/side table we have been searching for! It was the last one, too. Score.

Next up, we need to purchase a new printer. Sadly, ours gave up the ghost the other night. We are looking at a laser, either hp or Brother. Anyone have any recommendations? We know the toners are more expensive than ink cartridges, but you don't have to change them nearly as often. Mike likes the printing speed better as well. I would greatly appreciate any input.

We also need a new desktop. Not a very easy task to up and buy one. Truth is, our hearty computer consists of a small, but mighty (!), Dell laptop. It has proved itself faithful and true. It's 5 year-old frame is wearing thin and we need something a little less portable and indestructible. What I really want is an iMac. I know, big dreams. And I almost feel like I need to whisper-type that because I know my husband wants just another Dell, or hp. And I didn't need to notice as I walked in for my chiropractor appointment that the entire office had just revamped their computer system with....iMacs!!! Of course, I asked all kinds of questions.

Then I texted Mike to let him know. :P

No, no. Honestly, I am very easily pleased and would be grateful for anything! I just want it to be better than a laptop!

I need to hit the sack. I should have been in bed, what?, an hour ago!

Cheers to the New Year 2011. 'Tis been a grand one so far!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susannah Forshey said...

Well, you already know how I feel about Macs... But I wanted to tell you about our printer. We have a Samsung laser printer, and LOVE it. I rarely need to print anything in color...and the cost difference makes it totally worth it. We kept our old inkjet and one color cartridge just in case something in our future demands a print-out in color. But, I don't miss it at all. It's been 4 months, and I haven't thought about it once! Totally all for the laser.