Friday, July 2, 2010

Glorious Books!!

Seems like I am reading a gazillion words of information every day. I love to research and I love to read, which can be a pretty hefty combination. Right now, I am reading an amazing book entitled "Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foods". It is rich with food and nutrition details and expounds on what your body does with it! It's also written in such a down-earthy, easy-to-understand way. I would highly advise that if you're in any of the above stages (trying to conceive, pregnant, breastfeeding or raising a toddler), you should read this book. You'll want to keep it on hand as a reference!

I'm also addicted to cook books. Don't know what's wrong with me. I could sit for hours on end reading recipes and cooking methods/tips. I just eat it up. Get it? Ha. Right now I have 4 Williams & Sonoma books I'm going through.

Magazines are also in my diet. Costco sells them for 30% off the cover price, so often I can't resist. I especially love Consumer Reports, Everyday with Rachael Ray and yep, you guessed it, all the other cooking magazines. I also love the Kitchen, Home Decor and Home Plan magazines. So yeah, just about all of them!

Since I have a limited amount of time in my day. And I have to feed my kids, too - I will get audio books. Like right now, I'm listening to So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore. If you haven't read or listened to this book, it's a must. I've learned so much about myself and I'm only 30 minutes into it.

Okay, I have to take my nap now. If I don't, I'll never get a chance.

No comments: