Friday, May 6, 2011

One Thousand Blessings

I am currently reading the book "One Thousand Blessings" by Ann Voskamp. It is tremendous. My mom gave it to me as an early Mother's Day gift. It is nothing new you haven't heard; that's what I like about it. It's her personal testimony how she was able to come out of a life of grief and joyless living. It's about giving thanks to God for where you're at right now. Expansion of your contentment factor.

Hope all you moms have a beautiful and thankful Mother's Day! It really is a privilege to be a mother. A position of worth and humbleness I no longer take for granted. And you've heard it said before...you are a mother to someone. Even if you don't have children of your own. Someone looks up to you and leans on you. You are a blessing!

I'm so thankful for my mom, mom-in-law, Grandma, the ladies at church who've discipled me, older single friends who've shard life's tid-bits with me, my aunties...the list goes on.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: