Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Over? Not Really!

Christmas is over! I still don't want to take down the Christmas tree, nativity and lights. Let's keep them up for another week!

We had a delightful Christmas. Exhausting, but delightful.

Christmas Eve was at my mother-in-law's. This is the night we all open gifts, so we hauled ours in and placed them with all the others under the tree. We had a scrumptous dinner, complete with prime rib. My mom makes the best. Boy did the kids get it good this Christmas! Brilla had more gifts this year than usual. I went a little crazy. Really, I didn't spend much money, but throughout the year, I kept piling stuff up. So her favorite thing was the dress-up stash. She has been in oddly sized dresses ever since Christmas! Can't get enough of being a princess or a ballerina.

Little Katie received some sweet things too, but her best part was being snuggled and cuddled by her fans all weekend. No alone time whatsoever...a baby's dream! Of course, we are paying for that now. The late nights (getting home at 12:30) didn't help either. This little darling is catching up on a bunch of winks. Tonight she feel sleep in my arms at 8:00 p.m. That never happens!

On Christmas Day, we all gathered at my sister-in-law's home. She had it beautifully decorated.
We stuffed our tummies with my caramel pecan sticky buns, Scotch shortbread and other goodies. We also had the best salmon made by my s-i-l.

The gifts I received this Christmas were perfect. A huge puffy white coat with fur-lined hood from my husband, a new 2011 planner and Hello Kitty pjs from my parents and bros, a new phone (free!) to myself, and a myriad of little things from friends and family.

You know, I actually have more fun giving gifts than receiving them. Sure, I really do enjoy the surprise of the gifts. But I love, love giving exactly the right thing to the right person. This year I really invested some time because because I crocheted many of the gifts...some scrubbies for my mom, soaker for Katie, hat for Brilla, hat & scarf for a girl friend, and an afghan for my grandma-in-law.

The Christmas celebration was delightful. And as I reminisce about the last few days, recovering from the holiday, I think of the phrase "...and man shall live forevermore because of Christmas Day". Praise Jesus!! He came as a human babe, who later died on the cross and rose again, so that we too could have life. And have it abundantly! We will live forever with Him in Heaven! Hallelujah!

So Christmas isn't over...not really!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So glad you had such an awesome Christmas! Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Perfect!