Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Last night, it was my decision whether or not the girls and I go to Mike's basketball game. I could tell he wanted us to go, so without much ado, we hopped in the car. We hadn't been in a while; the games tend to be late.

Poor guy, he'd pulled another muscle (framing will do that to you) and didn't play the best. But his team won anyway! Proud of him for keeping up his exercise; he plays because he loves it.

In short, I'm glad we went. Another wife-friend came with her kids and we chatted. Such a good chat too! Turned into a long, deep talk about submission to your husband, the solidly biblical kind, not the legalistic man-conjured-up kind.

Chatting with this woman also made me grateful for all we have. The fun, rich life is not always a fancy life. In fact, it is often deeper and fuller without all the extras. I have been tired lately and it's given me a chance to pull back a bit. Enjoy the simplicity of bath time, making my home clean and cooking meals for my family. Though they scarf it down the next minute :) I'm a go-getter and tend toward getting out to parks, the zoo, shopping, "get away" to somewhere different. Not spending a lot of money, just getting to adventure. Honestly? It has been abundant right here.

Today is packing day for the getaway. We also have to get my husband's wardrobe for the wedding. Isn't this a cool alternative to the classic tux?


It's also quite the task to pack for three little ones. Hoping I don't forget important things like wipes, sunscreen or flip-flops :) I am weird and like to make a packing checklist. Soothes the brain to know we have our needs. You do this too, you say? Oh good, I'm not solo on this one.

My girls have woken up and walk into the room, one claiming "sleep all done" and the other already getting blankets out for the ever-present fort. And one wanting her diaper changed. Time for this mama to get on a roll!!

No comments: