Monday, May 10, 2010

Belated Happy Mother's Day


My Mother's Day post is late but here it is anyhow.

It's Monday morning and I've been browsing my blog list. I am amazed at how so many women have the presence of mind to blog on (or before) Mother's Day. Wow. After reading, I have been awesomely blessed. I have cried and laughed this morning as I've gone on others' journeys.

Many of the blogs I follow belong to other moms who have angel children. I know our children aren't actually angels, but they are in heaven. Anway, this is why I've cried and laughed. I've been reminded of the gift of motherhood and what it means to be a mom. It's not about the flowers, chocolates, or surprise gifts but about the love for your children, the hugs and kisses, the sweet coos and dirty hands. It's thanking Jesus for the privilege of raising these little ones for His glory.

I feel so honored this Mother's Day-after.

I have 2 beautiful daughters, Brilla Felicity and Katie Claire, with me here on earth. They are terribly precious. I wouldn't trade the childhood stage they're in right now for anything. These years will be past before I know it, so I bask in each day. As for my Amelia, she's beautiful. I am sure of it. She is the most blessed daughter of all, for she's in heaven. I think back on the day I found out she had gone to heaven and tears flows down my face. My heart was so broken then, the pain so acute. But now, through my tears, I am rejoicing that she's praising her Maker. She is not sad, and I cannot be sad for long. It will be all too soon before I get to join her on that Shore.

For Mother's Day, my mother was out-of-town visiting my brothers, so my dad joined us and my husband's family for a beautiful sunny day at my in-laws' home. It was not restful - with kids running to and fro it never really is - but it was worth it. The men contrived the meal with us ladies only helping to set the table. We had rotisserie chicken, Swiss steak, new potatoes, buttered carrots, green salad, and bread. It was delicious!! Dessert was very sweet with cream cheese brownies, fruit tart, coconut cream pie, pumpkin bars and Reese's PB cookies. I ate a little more than I should have :) My husband and daughters gave me the sweetest card and a dozen pink roses. I am so grateful for Michael, Brilla and Katie Claire. My beautiful family that God has given me. My dad gave me a gift from he and mom - a gorgeous tea cup with a tea strainer and little tea bag rest. If you know me well, you know I love tea parties, etc. My tea collection is growing!

It is funny though, how we forget the value of being a mom amidst the hustle and bustle of life. Oh, Lord, please help me to never forget how rich I am in love. Surrounded every day by it. And God bless the mothers who are in pain this day, those who yearn to yet be mothers, those whose children are full grown and have flown the nest, those without children who mentor younger women. God knows your heart and may you be strengthened by your Heavenly Father.

No comments: